Durham University 2017 Applicants

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    It says on the Law PhD page (I think) that you don't get to choose a college. Tbh I'm not *that* fussed, but my undergrad uni and my masters uni didn't have colleges so it's kinda exciting
    Well I hope you get assigned a college you love and enjoy your time at Durham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPauling)
    Well I hope you get assigned a college you love and enjoy your time at Durham
    Thanks it's looking to be my top choice at the moment but it's really far from home so I am a bit hesitant, and of course depends on funding. But fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: 8 x A*, 4 x 1 x B
    AS: AAAAA in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Further Maths (+ Gen Studs B!)
    A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A* in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths
    Course: NatSci (hopefully Chemistry, Physics and Maths combo)
    College: Hatfield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RookieSash)
    GCSEs: 8 x A*, 4 x 1 x B
    AS: AAAAA in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Further Maths (+ Gen Studs B!)
    A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A* in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths
    Course: NatSci (hopefully Chemistry, Physics and Maths combo)
    College: Hatfield
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Good luck
    Thanks! Keeping everything crossed as I know how competitive the course and college are! Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RookieSash)
    Thanks! Keeping everything crossed as I know how competitive the course and college are! Any tips?
    PM me some questions and I will answer anything you have

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs-7As, 1A*, 2Bs
    AS Grades-BBBB (1 off an A in all of them but still Bs lol)
    I want to apply for politics which has a 57% offer of those who apply so some hope ;s it's my risk choice.
    targeted-AAA
    probably Hatfield as the video was so enticing or Josephine butler as en suites are guaranteed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theawesomejem)
    GCSEs-7As, 1A*, 2Bs
    AS Grades-BBBB (1 off an A in all of them but still Bs lol)
    I want to apply for politics which has a 57% offer of those who apply so some hope ;s it's my risk choice.
    targeted-AAA
    probably Hatfield as the video was so enticing or Josephine butler as en suites are guaranteed
    Well hopefully you aren't one mark off this time around

ReputationRep:
    Well hopefully you aren't one mark off this time around
    I have to do them again as they are the new a level so really my AS grades don't exist ahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone else has sent in their application yet? I sent mine in on the 7th, and Durham have contacted me already. Just wondering when unies will start making decisions on applications?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorababy1995)
    Just wondering if anyone else has sent in their application yet? I sent mine in on the 7th, and Durham have contacted me already. Just wondering when unies will start making decisions on applications?
    Durham tends to leave their offers till quite late (I got mine in March) and applied in September like you. No one in Chemistry gets offer before around March. Not sure about other subjects

ReputationRep:
    Durham tends to leave their offers till quite late (I got mine in March) and applied in September like you. No one in Chemistry gets offer before around March. Not sure about other subjects

I'm applying for English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorababy1995)
    I'm applying for English.
    Yeah was just saying it is like that for chemistry so may be like that for other subjects at Durham

ReputationRep:
    Who else is applying for English?

ReputationRep:
    I got an A in Geography at AS and my other two A levels are linear but I'm predicted A*AA for psychology geography and biology. Am hoping to study psychology but don't know what college to pick

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the intake is for Computer Science and the percentage of people who get an offer? I can't seem to find it anyway :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quido)
    Anyone know what the intake is for Computer Science and the percentage of people who get an offer? I can't seem to find it anyway :O
    Very high 80% of all applicants last year received offers http://university.which.co.uk/durham...000-g400-24448

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theawesomejem)
    Very high 80% of all applicants last year received offers http://university.which.co.uk/durham...000-g400-24448
    Ooh, thanks

ReputationRep:
    no idea how to choose which college to apply for, will probably just make an open application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KloppOClock)
    no idea how to choose which college to apply for, will probably just make an open application
    You could visit, there is a section on the website that lists facts about the college. If you PM me the sort of person you are and what you want out of a college I could recommend one for you to look into

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.