The Student Room Group

Paedophile sisters who abused boy for over a decade spared prison after judge ruling

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ByEeek
Perhaps. But this wasn't a woman when the first act was committed. It was a 14 year old girl.

But she also committed offences as an adult

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
But she also committed offences as an adult

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed. But only a fool would fail to consider the whole picture. This is why not everyone becomes a judge. Do you not question what has happened to a 14 year old child in order to exert this behaviour?

who on earth would support something like this. whilst im all for a pc culture and whatnot, there has to be commonsense when trying to be pc vs doing the right thing :|
Original post by simbasdragon
They got off lightly because they're deaf, not because they're women. What does feminism have to do with this?

Double standards. If two men had been in this situation then they would defo have gone into prison for a few years at least even if they were death. Women get away with things like this whereas men get away with simpler things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ByEeek
Indeed. But only a fool would fail to consider the whole picture. This is why not everyone becomes a judge. Do you not question what has happened to a 14 year old child in order to exert this behaviour?

Firstly there's nothing in the article to suggest she was abused, there was no mention of it at sentencing which probably means it didn't happen. Secondly even if she was that doesn't make it okay to go and do it to others. While it could have been a mitigating factor the offence still warrants a custodial sentence. Thirdly, as I said previously, she committed offences into adulthood

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by simbasdragon
They got off lightly because they're deaf, not because they're women. What does feminism have to do with this?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/men-women-prison-sentence-length-gender-gap_n_1874742.html

Men Sentenced To Longer Prison Terms Than Women For Same Crimes, Study Says

A new study by Sonja Starr, an assistant law professor at the University of Michigan, found that men are given much higher sentences than women convicted of the same crimes in federal court.The study found that men receive sentences that are 63 percent higher, on average, than their female counterparts.

Let's be honest here, if females were the ones receiving longer sentences, feminists would be demanding change, but if their group have an advantage, they will stay silent. This is why feminism is not really about equality between both genders, it is simply about giving advantages to a particular group in society, and ignoring the privileges that particular group has. They cannot pretend to be for equality for so long as they only petition for improvements for their particular group.
Firstly there's nothing in the article to suggest she was abused, there was no mention of it at sentencing which probably means it didn't happen. Secondly even if she was that doesn't make it okay to go and do it to others. While it could have been a mitigating factor the offence still warrants a custodial sentence. Thirdly, as I said previously, she committed offences into adulthood

Posted from TSR Mobile

You completely missed my point. 14 year old children don't suddenly decide to commit sexual acts on six year olds unless something has seriously gone wrong.

When that 14 year old eventually clicks over to adulthood at 18, they don't suddenly see the reality of their situation in black and white and then make a conscious decision to continue offending.

This is a really sad case for all concerned. It is about as far from black and white as you can get.
Original post by ByEeek
You completely missed my point. 14 year old children don't suddenly decide to commit sexual acts on six year olds unless something has seriously gone wrong.

When that 14 year old eventually clicks over to adulthood at 18, they don't suddenly see the reality of their situation in black and white and then make a conscious decision to continue offending.

This is a really sad case for all concerned. It is about as far from black and white as you can get.

You're actually making excuses for a pedophile...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Actually threw up in my mouth wtf... that poor boy :cry2:
You're actually making excuses for a pedophile...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not at all. I don't see sad cases like this as black and white. When it involves a 14 year old (regardless of what they did later in life) I question what must have happened to her for her to feel that this sort of behaviour was acceptable.

Children do not become monsters because they feel like it.
Reply 30
Original post by ByEeek

They know what theyre doing, they should face the consequences. Just because you were abused as a child, doesn't give you the right or an excuse to abuse others.
Original post by z33
They know what theyre doing, they should face the consequences. Just because you were abused as a child, doesn't give you the right or an excuse to abuse others.

So you feel it is right to punish victims? What happens if the boy in this case were to start offending? Irrepressibly your opinion of him would chance on a dime?

And how do you punish someone who doesn't feel they have done anything wrong?
Original post by ByEeek
Not at all. I don't see sad cases like this as black and white. When it involves a 14 year old (regardless of what they did later in life) I question what must have happened to her for her to feel that this sort of behaviour was acceptable.

Children do not become monsters because they feel like it.

You're making an excuse, you're saying that something they witnessed or experienced made them go on to sexually abuse a child. There was nothing in the article to suggest that there was some harrowing event that made them behave like that so you have no reason to suggest that's the case. In all likelihood she knew it wasn't okay but just didn't care

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ByEeek
So you feel it is right to punish victims? What happens if the boy in this case were to start offending? Irrepressibly your opinion of him would chance on a dime?

If you've been abused in the past that would be recognised in sentencing, there was nothing mentioned about any past abuse

Posted from TSR Mobile
There was nothing in the article to suggest that there was some harrowing event that made them behave like that so you have no reason to suggest that's the case.
Posted from TSR Mobile

And you are assuming a piece of tabloid journalism from The Sun of all papers would present all the facts. Take it from me, 14-year-old children do not sexually abuse 6-year-olds out of thin air. What we do know is that they were spared jail. People tend not to get-out-of-jail-free for offences like this unless there were mitigating circumstances. Clearly, the Sun Newspaper, wishing to stir a sensational story has decided to omit the mitigating circumstances.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by ByEeek

How do you know they didnt feel they've done anything wrong? They could very well be fully aware of it, maybe like an addict... know it's bad but can't stop themselves. However there is help, there is your conscience or SOMETHING that will tell you to stop and that it's wrong.

And yes, once a victim hurts someone else, they're no longer the victim in that situation. A tonne of people have been abused during their childhood, yet not all of them go on and abuse other people and believe there was nothing wrong with it.

We have the internet, we have information all around us about abuse, just walk into a GP you're telling me they never looked at any of those bright leaflets on abuse? You can't possibly be that oblivious. If they thought there was nothing wrong, why did they stop between hurting him? They did it during his childhood, then stopped, then started again when he was a teenager. Why would they stop if it was perfectly normal to them? Probably the guilt.

They disgust me idgaf what they went through, they went as far as to hurt another human being, an innocent child, and deserve to be punished for it.
Original post by z33
They disgust me idgaf what they went through, they went as far as to hurt another human being, an innocent child, and deserve to be punished for it.

I agree with all of that... except that they were 14 when it started happening. 14! Can you remember what you were like at 14?

Anyway - I have said enough on this matter but I would rather defer to the judge who knows the full facts of the case, rather than judge it based on an article by the Sun that has deliberately gone out of its way to provoke the sort of response you have given.
Original post by ByEeek
And you are assuming a piece of tabloid journalism from The Sun of all papers would present all the facts. Take it from me, 14-year-old children do not sexually abuse 6-year-olds out of thin air. What we do know is that they were spared jail. People tend not to get-out-of-jail-free for offences like this unless there were mitigating circumstances. Clearly, the Sun Newspaper, wishing to stir a sensational story has decided to omit the mitigating circumstances.

I'm not assuming anything, you're claiming they've had some horrific event with absolutely zero evidence of that. You have no way of knowing why a fourteen year old might sexually abuse a six year old. Perhaps it is The Sun trying to whip up a story, if that's the case find a source that supports what you're saying or stop making unfounded, baseless excuses for these people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Disgusting. Feel horrible for the unborn child too, having a paedophile for a mother. Sad.

The last thing she needs is that McDonald's meal in her hand :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by ByEeek
I agree with all of that... except that they were 14 when it started happening. 14! Can you remember what you were like at 14?

Anyway - I have said enough on this matter but I would rather defer to the judge who knows the full facts of the case, rather than judge it based on an article by the Sun that has deliberately gone out of its way to provoke the sort of response you have given.

Yeah... I'm 18 and when I was 14 I'm sure I'd know better than to stick my hands down the pants of an 6 year old.

Fair enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending