Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCal)
    Yeah, i expect the cost would be a problem. Are you on the room swap list?
    Yeah I am on the list, but I'm expecting the worst tbh, thinking of getting private accommodation which is not what I wanted at all, this is the only thing that sucks about Liverpool.

It is expensive but only a tiny bit more than philharmonic and you get a lot more for your money in terms of room facilities, but I want to be with people as social life is a HUGE factor for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlimShady96)
    Yeah I am on the list, but I'm expecting the worst tbh, thinking of getting private accommodation which is not what I wanted at all, this is the only thing that sucks about Liverpool.

It is expensive but only a tiny bit more than philharmonic and you get a lot more for your money in terms of room facilities, but I want to be with people as social life is a HUGE factor for me.
    I have heard the social and nightlife aspects are one of the best in the region. There are some good non-halls student accommodation places around near campus though if the room change doesn't work out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCal)
    I have heard the social and nightlife aspects are one of the best in the region. There are some good non-halls student accommodation places around near campus though if the room change doesn't work out.
    In what region exactly? What I meant was the studio is not part of a flat like normal so I wouldn't have any flat mates, some people would certainly like that more, but not me.

ReputationRep:
    In what region exactly? What I meant was the studio is not part of a flat like normal so I wouldn't have any flat mates, some people would certainly like that more, but not me.
    North/North West.

I know, there are dedicated buildings which are flatshares like halls (shared kitchen and maybe bathroom).

Anyway, surely the room changer isn't so bad that you can't find a single halls room :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I got my first choice too at Crown Place! I was just wondering if the fact that I'm coming from outside the UK might have something to do with it? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCal)
    North/North West.

I know, there are dedicated buildings which are flatshares like halls (shared kitchen and maybe bathroom).

Anyway, surely the room changer isn't so bad that you can't find a single halls room :hmmm:
    Do you think I'll get a room on campus though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janetta)
    I got my first choice too at Crown Place! I was just wondering if the fact that I'm coming from outside the UK might have something to do with it? :confused:
    Yeah that could be the case because you're paying them more money.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that could be the case because you're paying them more money.
    Same as you since I'm from the EU

ReputationRep:
    Same as you since I'm from the EU
    Then I doubt it, you're just lucky, when did you apply for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Then I doubt it, you're just lucky, when did you apply for accommodation?
    30.7. and received the offer on 12.8.

ReputationRep:
    30.7. and received the offer on 12.8.
    Just proves that the time you apply makes no difference even though they say it does, I applied at the start of March and didn't get any of the choices I wanted.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I'll get a room on campus though?
    I'm sure someone will be wanting a swap somewhere. Like you said, solitary confinement appeals to some.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCal)
    I'm sure someone will be wanting a swap somewhere. Like you said, solitary confinement appeals to some.
    Solitary confinement 😂 You make it sound like a prison lol

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer today, came through Clearing so it was late. My offer says this:
    Campus: Accommodation
    Hall: University Approved
    Total price: £0.00

Anyone know what this means? I'm assuming it isn't uni halls but I have like no information aha. I think I'm going to go on the room change list but idk

ReputationRep:
    Same happened to me, with a deadline to accept by tomorrow at midnight, but I kinda want to hold out on somewhere else I've applied for accommodation so I dunno what to do :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ST001)
    Same happened to me, with a deadline to accept by tomorrow at midnight, but I kinda want to hold out on somewhere else I've applied for accommodation so I dunno what to do :/
    (Original post by Beedle)
    I got my offer today, came through Clearing so it was late. My offer says this:
    Campus: Accommodation
    Hall: University Approved
    Total price: £0.00

Anyone know what this means? I'm assuming it isn't uni halls but I have like no information aha. I think I'm going to go on the room change list but idk

Same as a friend of mine, he called up and the uni advised to accept it as you will not have to pay any deposit and can decline when details come through at a later date if it is not to your liking. They have just put you down for a guaranteed place and are still sorting rooms, which is complicated due to over-anticipated demand.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted Melville grove (single bed) and got exactly that. Found out on morning of 22nd and accepted offer. Really pleased.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caraphernelia)
    I'm in rankin, I've known since march though as I deferred my entry from last year
    I deferred as well so confirmed and paid the deposit for Morton a while back - have you just had confirmation or actually been allocated a room / given an arrival slot yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.