Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinawu)
    I would love to be taller! Tall people pull off clothes so much better!
    That's as may be, but it also takes them longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Wtf your like a model's height! Tall girls are attractive. Why on earth would you want to be shorter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Presumably so she doesn't "tower over him in heels", or some similar such eyeroll-inducing idiocy.

(Original post by tinawu)
    I would love to be taller! Tall people pull off clothes so much better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah cut both your legs off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    nope. no you can't. you can technically get surgery to make yourself taller...but not shorter
    You can have it done both ways if you've got legs that aren't equal lengths.

Not recommend though if not needed and I doubt you'd find a doctor willing to do it.

ReputationRep:
    If young enough then malnutrition is an option to stop yourself growing any taller, again not recommended.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clueless<3)
    Hi!

I read online that if I started doing squatting and lunging exercises it might be possible to get a little bit shorter? I was planning on giving this a try! Can anyone recommend how many of each I should do each day to get shorter? Also, is there anything else I can do e.g. avoid some foods/drinks, other exercises, to get smaller? It's not a massive deal if I can't get any smaller, but I thought I might as well give it a go. Any ideas would be helpful. I am female if that helps

Thank you for your help!x
    Yeah give me a couple of inches.

ReputationRep:
    Omg, I wish I could be tall as you! Tall girl and tall guy= attractive couple embrace your height, nothing to be ashamed of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    If young enough then malnutrition is an option to stop yourself growing any taller, again not recommended.
    what type of advice is this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashtosh302)
    What type of question did OP ask? Stupid questions get stupid answers!

ReputationRep:
    if you go to space, you can become shorter by 1 inch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashtosh302)
    (Original post by Petrue)
    What type of question did OP ask? Stupid questions get stupid answers!
    This.

(Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
    There's no reason to (I'm also 5'8" and I've not found any problems with it)

But if you really insist, drinking coffee is supposed to stunt your growth and squatting weights may compress your spine so that you'll be minutely shorter.

In the end of the day you're the height that you are and you should embrace it, we're not even that tall tbh.
    I don't hate my height, but I think it's normal for some people to have little things they want to change about themselves? Or maybe that's just me?! Anyway, thank you for your reply - I will give this a go x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
    we're not even that tall tbh.
    For a girl, you're one of the tallest it gets.
    Imagine how 5 foot girls feel when you say 5'8 is not even that tall?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I read online that if I started doing squatting and lunging exercises it might be possible to get a little bit shorter? I was planning on giving this a try! Can anyone recommend how many of each I should do each day to get shorter? Also, is there anything else I can do e.g. avoid some foods/drinks, other exercises, to get smaller? It's not a massive deal if I can't get any smaller, but I thought I might as well give it a go. Any ideas would be helpful. I am female if that helps

Thank you for your help!x
    Why on earth would anyone want to be shorter? Height is awesome

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I am 5"8

(I hope I've posted this in the right place, I don't really ask questions or go on here!)x
    wow ur my height

ReputationRep:
    If anything OP, depending on your age, squatting might actually help you get slightly bigger because of the added bone density and healthy levels of growth hormone/testosterone from weight training (assuming you eat properly).

Either way, 5'8 is a great height if you're female and a couple of inches more than that is just as good (I think the average model height is 5'9).

ReputationRep:
    I am 5"8

(I hope I've posted this in the right place, I don't really ask questions or go on here!)x
    That's not even tall it's perfect height for most girls

ReputationRep:
    I’m 5”11 n I’m only 14

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.