Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My limit on one of my credit cards has gone up, AMA? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    The limit on my marbles card went up to £3300 this morning thanks. I try not to spend it though, because you only have to pay it back, with interest. Gives me a kick though when i fire them up!
    I know. I read the thread. Just find it amusing that you think 3300gbp is a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I know. I read the thread. Just find it amusing that you think 3300gbp is a lot.
    Bearing in mind that under two years ago i couldn't have any credit at all, and then my first credit card was for £250, and i have been building it up from there. We have to live within our means you know??

Two years ago i was in the court of protection, and they put notices on my credit files not to let me have any credit cards at all, which kind of sucked. I'm so pleased to be taken off them!

ReputationRep:
    Bearing in mind that under two years ago i couldn't have any credit at all, and then my first credit card was for £250, and i have been building it up from there. We have to live within our means you know??

Two years ago i was in the court of protection, and they put notices on my credit files not to let me have any credit cards at all, which kind of sucked. I'm so pleased to be taken off them!
    Well done you.

Still, I stand by the fact that that's really not very much money. I guess it depends where you are in life though. I'm married, renting a house, and paying for university so for me that's a pretty piddly amount and really doesn't go very far. For other people, maybe it's "high". :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Well done you.

Still, I stand by the fact that that's really not very much money. I guess it depends where you are in life though. I'm married, renting a house, and paying for university so for me that's a pretty piddly amount and really doesn't go very far. For other people, maybe it's "high". :dontknow:
    How much is your limit then, if you mind me asking?? I also rent a house, am married, and have just paid for a degree, and am about to pay for two more!
    Also how long have you had your cards for?

ReputationRep:
    How much is your limit then, if you mind me asking?? I also rent a house, am married, and have just paid for a degree, and am about to pay for two more!
    Also how long have you had your cards for?
    Now that would be telling.

ReputationRep:
    Now that would be telling.
    pm me if you like, or just round it up, to the nearest five thousand? come on tiger, you can do this!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.