Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you played a game that touched you personally Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaCalavera)
    I agree with Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and Telltale's The Walking Dead.

However, more personally I will OBVIOUSLY have to say Grim Fandango. That game was present throughout most of my childhood and not only was it the game I ached to play when I was young to figure out the puzzles and get further and further along as I got older, but it has become the game I love as an adult for it's humour, style and hidden meanings throughout. Lots of nostalgia talking here, but nonetheless it has impacted my life by being my favourite game of all time and I always become incredibly emotionally invested in the characters.

I really want to play To The Moon, Life is Strange, Remember Me and finish The Last Of Us! I adore emotionally fuelled games.
    Point and click adventures died for me when internet went mainstream!

After 2 days of being stuck in the same few rooms is very hard to resist the temptation to google the answer dammit!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loooopppyyy)
    Point and click adventures died for me when internet went mainstream!

After 2 days of being stuck in the same few rooms is very hard to resist the temptation to google the answer dammit!!
    Ahhh I'm adore good ol' point and clicks. I also love Monkey Island and Broken Sword, which are games I also recommend, and occasionally I do just google the answers for those. Grim Fandango is uniquely challenging as it isn't always very straightforward what you have to do, so I understand you needing to cave and research! I just loved it as a child and spent ages trying to get different items to interact and enjoying the dialogue and such! I did it so many times I just know half of the puzzles by heart now :P

ReputationRep:

Hopefully some of you are old enough to remember this heartbreaking moment of childhood.

ReputationRep:
    I answer Okami to most threads about video games you had a very positive experience with, and once again, I shall answer Okami. Though I am not religious, and this renders some elements less affecting than they would otherwise be, on the whole it is very powerful. Obviously a visually beautiful game as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I answer Okami to most threads about video games you had a very positive experience with, and once again, I shall answer Okami. Though I am not religious, and this renders some elements less affecting than they would otherwise be, on the whole it is very powerful. Obviously a visually beautiful game as well.
    Ooh, Okami is a beautiful game, I agree. I'd definitely recommend people give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaCalavera)
    I really want to play To The Moon, Life is Strange, Remember Me and finish The Last Of Us! I adore emotionally fuelled games.
    They are all really good, you definitely should if you get the chance! Not many people know about To The Moon but its a really good game. I kind of want to replay it now but I've got stuff I'm meant to be doing (story of my life)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    To The Moon, definitely!

ReputationRep:
    Beyond: Two Souls. More of a movie than a game. It's truly a masterpiece.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    When you said 'game', I thought you meant games like Blind Man's Buff and Heads Down Thumbs Up instead of video games...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Life is Strange :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrysisure)
    Beyond: Two Souls. More of a movie than a game. It's truly a masterpiece.
    Forgot about this game, but I definitely did like this one a lot. I feel like a lot of people don't like it because it's so cinematic, but the story is very interesting and visually it's stunning so if you look at it as more of a interactive-movie type dealio it's a very good game.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    However personally I feel like the only endings that made sense for the story were the Zoey and Alone endings (on the living side at least)?
    It also kind of sucks that Jodie doesn't get Aiden back in the Zoey ending but does with the other ones, but meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Life is Strange :cry2:
    I did like Life is Strange a lot as a story, but honestly it didn't get to me emotionally as much as this thread is making it seem like it should have?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I felt like the final choice was kind of a cop-out and made literally everything I did redundant, you know? So although I did get upset in the long lead-up to that moment, it did feel kind of cheapened when it was actually over.

And personally it didn't really feel like I had much of a choice anyway at the end, so it would be interesting to know (in a spoiler) what you guys who loved it actually chose?

Plus I was honestly more distracted by how messed up the whole game was to feel any positive emotions throughout it lmao. It's so.... strange

It's a v good game though, I did enjoy it on an entertainment level, for sure.

ReputationRep:
    The last of us and the walking dead the game. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon Games (yes), especially Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Rescue Team.
    Metal Gear Solid (all of them).

Eh, other than that...

Not sure.

ReputationRep:
    I created my own game and played it. It touched me. Literally. Touched me.

ReputationRep:
    Binary Domain was quite sad at the end, also FF9

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To The Moon.

This is honestly the saddest, but sweetest game I have ever played. I can't actually play it without becoming an emotional wreck and even when trying to replay the game knowing the ending already made it almost unplayable for me, definitely makes me not take life for granted!

ReputationRep:
    Year Walk hit a chord with me - something about the atmosphere made me really feel kinda... small. Idk, it was a strange experience. Enjoyable, tho a little unnerving. Shame the gameplay lasts only 20 mins, though I love replaying it.

ReputationRep:
    My experience with video games isn't that vast. However, a platformer called The Company of Myself and its sequel, Fixation, come to mind. I just felt the story was interesting and the way it was executed was great. After I finished them both I remember having some lingering feelings and thoughts about them and the story's message, which as far as my gaming endeavours go was a first.

ReputationRep:
    in terms of video games, the metal gear solid games sagas have certainly touched me emotionally

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.