Nutrition and Dietetics 2017 entry

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrownEyedHijabi)
    I was thinking Nottingham but I need to check out the campus. Maybe Surrey but it is quite far from home hbu?
    I'm going to visit Nottingham again next weekend as I'm unsure about the location of SB but I really like the uni! Chester is my favourite as it stands but is the furthest away from me, I also really like Hertfordshire but I've seen a lot of people say that student life there isn't very good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose.n)
    I'm going to visit Nottingham again next weekend as I'm unsure about the location of SB but I really like the uni! Chester is my favourite as it stands but is the furthest away from me, I also really like Hertfordshire but I've seen a lot of people say that student life there isn't very good
    I'm waiting to see if my friend or my mum can come with me next week to Nottingham. I'm visiting Chester in October (which is a little bit late lol). It's deffo the closest tho. How many open days have you been to?

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting to see if my friend or my mum can come with me next week to Nottingham. I'm visiting Chester in October (which is a little bit late lol). It's deffo the closest tho. How many open days have you been to?
    I've been to Surrey, Coventry, Chester, Nottingham, Hertfordshire, Cardiff Met and Plymouth I'm basically just unsure which one to go for now (even though I do actually need to get offers first) so I'm visiting Chester in October too! And Hertfordshire again too

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Surrey, Coventry, Chester, Nottingham, Hertfordshire, Cardiff Met and Plymouth I'm basically just unsure which one to go for now (even though I do actually need to get offers first) so I'm visiting Chester in October too! And Hertfordshire again too
    Omg you've been to lots of open days, I've barely been to any. I've just asked people about the uni and looked online lol. What was Coventry like and also Surrey as I've not seen them in person, just heard good things?

ReputationRep:
    Coventry personally wasn't for me, I really liked the uni itself but not the area its in! But I know people have said good stuff about it and love it there!
    Surrey I also really liked but I still preferred Chester, Hertfordshire and Nottingham! To be honest they're all really good but each has a fault or two (e.g. distance from home, location etc.) so it just depends what fault matters the most!

ReputationRep:
    Omg you've been to lots of open days, I've barely been to any. I've just asked people about the uni and looked online lol. What was Coventry like and also Surrey as I've not seen them in person, just heard good thing?
    Surrey is in a really lovely area also!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I just wanted to start a new thread for people who are applying to nutrition and dietetics for next year.

What universities are you considering?
    Do you have any volunteering/ work experience?
    What are your predicted grades?
    And where are you guys from?
    Hi, my top choice is King's, then Surrey. I'm going to the Nottingham and Leeds Beckett open days - does anyone know what they're like.
    I've had a week following several dietitians and dietetic assistants and volunteer at a church club for children.
    Is anyone else considering King's because I really liked it.
    What are the interviews like as well?

ReputationRep:
    Coventry personally wasn't for me, I really liked the uni itself but not the area its in! But I know people have said good stuff about it and love it there!
    Surrey I also really liked but I still preferred Chester, Hertfordshire and Nottingham! To be honest they're all really good but each has a fault or two (e.g. distance from home, location etc.) so it just depends what fault matters the most!
    Thanks for the info. Can I just ask what the area was like in Coventry? And yeah there is advantages and disadvantages to all of them, it doesn't help I keep changing my mind lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econway10)
    Hi, my top choice is King's, then Surrey. I'm going to the Nottingham and Leeds Beckett open days - does anyone know what they're like.
    I've had a week following several dietitians and dietetic assistants and volunteer at a church club for children.
    Is anyone else considering King's because I really liked it.
    What are the interviews like as well?
    Hi I'm considering Kings as well, it's in my top 3 right now lol. It's really competitive but I would love to live/study in London. I've not really looked at Leeds when's the open day?

ReputationRep:
    I heard the UCL will be introducing a deitetics course for 2017, does anyone know anything about this

ReputationRep:
    Open day for Leeds Beckett is Saturday 1st October. I don't think I want to go there but I just want to visit all the universities I'm going to apply to just in case I end up going there. Xxx I'd love to live in London too - it just seems like the best place to be!

ReputationRep:
    So would we be able to apply there, or is it for the year after us? X

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info. Can I just ask what the area was like in Coventry? And yeah there is advantages and disadvantages to all of them, it doesn't help I keep changing my mind lol.
    Some parts of it were quite nice and modern but then also some of it was quite run down around the uni, but the uni itself is really nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tr.12)
    I heard the UCL will be introducing a deitetics course for 2017, does anyone know anything about this
    Omg I'd actually apply there if it had a course. I just looked it up but I could only find this postgrad course for already qualified dieticians http://www.ucl.ac.uk/medicine/educat...ical-nutrition

Where did you hear about it?

ReputationRep:
    Open day for Leeds Beckett is Saturday 1st October. I don't think I want to go there but I just want to visit all the universities I'm going to apply to just in case I end up going there. Xxx I'd love to live in London too - it just seems like the best place to be!
    Might go to the open day just to see what it's like, just in case I don't like Chester or something. I know last year I was certain about London till I read about the tuition fees and bursaries lol

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone doing 3 or 4 A2 levels? I'm considering dropping maths and just doing 3. Would doing a maths A2 level give me more chances of an offer for this course???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone doing 3 or 4 A2 levels? I'm considering dropping maths and just doing 3. Would doing a maths A2 level give me more chances of an offer for this course???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm doing 3 A2 levels, I've just dropped maths. I have no idea if it'll increase chances of an offer though. What other A2's are you doing?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I never did maths and I got offers. To be honest I think all the maths you need to know is in chemistry so you should be all good.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing 3 A2 levels, I've just dropped maths. I have no idea if it'll increase chances of an offer though. What other A2's are you doing?
    My other A2s are chemistry, biology, geography and an EPQ. I know these are the subjects I need, but just wondering if maths would be useful.

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you written a personal statement yet?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.