Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thad33)
    If everyone received their scripts back I think things would improve

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yea i think so too, but they put making more money (ie buying a script) before kid's university places, kinda *****y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DylanJ42)
    yea i think so too, but they put making more money (ie buying a script) before kid's university places, kinda *****y
    Yeah it's a joke. Imagine losing your place only to get a remark, meet your offer, yet the uni has already filled the course

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not particularly crazy, but a friend of mine's marks in an A-level English exam went from 38/96 to 58/96. U to a C.

ReputationRep:
    I think it'll be different this year as they aren't "remarking" the paper. I was thinking about sending mine off as I was only 3 UMS away from an A, even thought I got into my firm. I just don't know if it's worth it ahhh decisions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by APersonYo)
    I'm recently getting my A level Chemistry OCR A paper 2 remarked as I was 2 marks from an A. I just wanted to hear some crazy remark stories really.
    My History once went up by 2 grades because apparently halfway through the test I started numbering questions wrong. I don't think that'd apply to chemistry though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyEffy)
    I think it'll be different this year as they aren't "remarking" the paper. I was thinking about sending mine off as I was only 3 UMS away from an A, even thought I got into my firm. I just don't know if it's worth it ahhh decisions
    I'm in a similar situation to you! Got 1 UMS off an A* in further maths although I'm into my firm. Might do it out of personal satisfaction I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pudge666)
    Maybe go for a foundation year first ? Alot of good universities are offering full course but with extra foundation year
    I'm already on a gap year and a foundation year would put me two years behind I'm hoping to do a BSc in Mathematics and use that as a pathway onto an MPhys degree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gasman95)
    I'm in a similar situation to you! Got 1 UMS off an A* in further maths although I'm into my firm. Might do it out of personal satisfaction I guess
    Exactly! I've been getting the grade I want consistently throughout the year with mocks and stuff and I'd hate to jade a certificate with another grade on it knowing I can get better. Doing it purely for the reason that I don't have to think 'what if?' constantly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I wanted to ask for advise if it would be worth getting my core science paper remarked I am in year 10 this year I worked really hard for that A in science but somehow I got b really depressed my science ums were out of 400 I needed 320 ums for A bit unfortunately I got 310 ums so i am 10 ums off a which is like 5-7 marks pls can u give me some advise.thank u

ReputationRep:
    Hi in science core I got b which very annoying I wanted A I worked very hard for A I need 320 ums but I got 310 I am like 10 ums off A and maybe 5-7 mark raw so pls can u tell me if I should also I wanted to know if ur coursework gets remarked as well is 10 ums a lot or is it close

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.