Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

[Past Year 11's] Did you do worst or better than you expected in your GCSEs? watch

    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamDonuts4Life)
    If I got 3 mid-high B's in my coursework what do you think I'd need in the final exam to secure a B?
    Do you know how much each part is worth?
    Online

    22
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamDonuts4Life)
    If I got 3 mid-high B's in my coursework what do you think I'd need in the final exam to secure a B?
    Mid C
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Do you know how much each part is worth?
    I'm not sure which ones are the exam
    Attached Images
     
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamDonuts4Life)
    I'm not sure which ones are the exams
    I would presume that Non-Fiction Texts (higher tier) is the exam, then the other two are the coursework (though you said you did three pieces, it looks like that last one is split anyway). In this case, the exam is worth 40%, the rest 60%. With mid to high B in the 60% coursework, you would need a high D to a low C in the exam I believe.
    Although, wait, you said exam(s) plural. But before you said your singular final exam..
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I would presume that Non-Fiction Texts (higher tier) is the exam, then the other two are the coursework (though you said you did three pieces, it looks like that last one is split anyway). In this case, the exam is worth 40%, the rest 60%. With mid to high B in the 60% coursework, you would need a high D to a low C in the exam I believe.
    Although, wait, you said exam(s) plural. But before you said your singular final exam..
    Sorry, I'm tired - It was 1 exam that was 2 hours 15 minutes.
    Offline

    4
    ReputationRep:
    I was predicted 3A*s, 4As, 2Bs and D
    I got 4A*s, 4As and 2Bs
 
 
 
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.