University of Nottingham Applicants 2017 entry

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
Admissions Testing Service Exams Discussion Rules - Please read before posting! 02-11-2016

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Econ and politics!
    Studying Econ, Politics, Psych and also AS maths cause I was dumb last year lol 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm considering apply for geography

Currently studying: geography, business studies and philosophy & ethics.

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Adult nursing at UoN, think my aspirations are a bit low but nursing is where I want to start I guess.

Studying A Level biology, chemistry and psychology

ReputationRep:
    If anyone wants a room at nottingham1 Please contact me or contact nottingham1.
    I cannot come to the univeristy this year so I need someone to replace my room E06D

ReputationRep:
    Applying for English!

ReputationRep:
    Economics and Int'l Economics - Maths Physics and Economics

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Computer Science at Nottingham.
    I've already got my A levels

ReputationRep:
    ACCOMODATION IN NOTTINGHAM AVAILABLE - deluxe ensuite. Block F, Flat 12, Room B Looking for a female student who would like to take over tenancy at Nottingham 1. Deposit is already paid as well as the weeks before you decide to reside here. You'll be living with three other girls and will be paying £124 a week bills included. If you look on the website now, the price has increased to £127 per week therefore you'll be saving more. It's a very spacious room with all facilities provided. Reason for leaving is because I am planning on commuting for personal reasons. Room is fully furnished with a double bed, your own ensuite bathroom, double sofa and coffee table, study desk and chair and double wardrobe and storage space. For further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me on 07984317933.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Nicola
    Course: Physics with astronomy
    GCSEs: 6A*'s, 5A's, 2B's
    AS: AAA (Biology, Maths, Physics)
    A2 subjects: Biology, Maths, Physics
    A2 (predictions or achieved): A*,A, A
    ECs: Science academy, interviewed a scientist working at the LHC, play guitar in college band, astronomy group

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered an interview for their MSc Oncology, yet to hear a date though

ReputationRep:
    Name: Thomas
    Course: Computer Science
    GCSEs: AABBBBBBCCAS: BCCE (Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Chemistry)
    A2 subjects: Maths, Further Maths and Computer Science
    A2 (predictions or achieved): BBC (yes I know I need AAB to get in but I'm hoping to beat my predicted grades)
    ECs: Work experience in a computing department of a loan company, UKMT Junior and Senior maths challenge bronze and silver, part of scouting for over 7 years

ReputationRep:
    Name: Chairman
    Course: Law (probably straight law or law with American law)
    GCSEs:10A* 3A
    AS: 4A 1B
    A2 subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Politics, Economics, History
    A2 (predictions or achieved): A (maths achieved) A A* A* A*
    ECs: Grade 8 piano, work experience at law firms, part time job as tutor

ReputationRep:
    Heyaa

Course: German and History
    GCSEs: 5A*s 4As 1B
    AS: AAAAB (German, History, Geography, General Studies and B in French)
    A2 subjects: German, History, Geography, French
    A2 (predictions): A*A*AA (A*s in German and History)
    ECs: Touch rugby, football, tech (for drama), debating, ...

ReputationRep:
    Name: Nicole
    Course: Physics with astronomy
    GCSEs: 7A*, 6A
    AS: AAAA (Maths, further maths, chemistry, physics)
    A2 subjects: Maths, chemistry and physics
    A2 (predictions or achieved): A*AA
    ECs: DofE, treasurer & member of bellringing group, UKMT maths challenges and Maths Olympiad for girls
    Offer: AAA!

ReputationRep:
    Doing the exact same combination as you! but doing an EPQ as well. what are you predicted?

ReputationRep:
    When they say for Economics entry requirements its A*AA to AAA how would you know what you're likely to be offered??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azizadil1998)
    When they say for Economics entry requirements its A*AA to AAA how would you know what you're likely to be offered??
    currently studying here for that course, I got offered AAA with AAA predicted, most others got A*AA with that predicted. Nottingham school of Economics are known for letting people in with lower grades than their offer though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danw97)
    currently studying here for that course, I got offered AAA with AAA predicted, most others got A*AA with that predicted. Nottingham school of Economics are known for letting people in with lower grades than their offer though.
    oh thanks a lot dude! im probably going to go for economics as my top choice then. I really liked the campus, was just not sure about the entry requirements. So if I'm predicted A*AA will they offer me A*AA or AAA? Considering I'm doing the EPQ as well. Obviously you wont know for sure but generally what's the case?

And what you're saying is if someone gets offered A*AA and they get AAA they tend to be accepted?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.