Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bad GCSEs, good Btec grades- will I get offers from uni?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azizul98)
    On the Notingham website it states that all they want is a C for GCSE English which I have. Do they have any hidden requirements ?? 😂
    Whatever is on the UCAS website, that is all they need. I got a unconditional with my btec. My gcses are alright too i had 9 C's. Got the confirmation from ucas before i went to get my certificate. You want to go to nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zak9989)
    Whatever is on the UCAS website, that is all they need. I got a unconditional with my btec. My gcses are alright too i had 9 C's. Got the confirmation from ucas before i went to get my certificate. You want to go to nottingham?

Yeah, I really wanna go Nottingham it's my dream uni !😊 What are you studying their mate?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I really wanna go Nottingham it's my dream uni !😊 What are you studying their mate?
    Beng Mechanical engineering, gonna start next month hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Mate! i just got in to Uni of Notts with D*D*D* in BTEC eng for MEch Eng. My GCSEs were B in Maths and B in English Language and C in English Lit. and Bs in the Sciences. so they weren't great! as long as you hit the criteria for the GCSE requirement you will be fine!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=zak9989;67138288]Beng Mechanical engineering, gonna start next month hopefully.[/QUOTE

Wow that's really cool !!! Didn't think you could get unconditional with just a Btec!! Btw What did u get for maths gcse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fei345)
    Mate! i just got in to Uni of Notts with D*D*D* in BTEC eng for MEch Eng. My GCSEs were B in Maths and B in English Language and C in English Lit. and Bs in the Sciences. so they weren't great! as long as you hit the criteria for the GCSE requirement you will be fine!

Wow that's really good buddy ! I'm happy for you😊 Do U think I could get in the BEng mechanical engineering with English and maths at grade C???? I pretty certain I will get D* D* D* for my Btec but my main concern is my GCSEs 😁

ReputationRep:
    There isnt a specific grade requirement on the Uni of Nottingham page so as long as you have a C it's all cool. also try and make your Personal statement stand out and describe why you are so interested in engineering.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Azizul98;67138358]
    Beng Mechanical engineering, gonna start next month hopefully.[/QUOTE

Wow that's really cool !!! Didn't think you could get unconditional with just a Btec!! Btw What did u get for maths gcse?
    got c's in everything including maths and english and D*D*D* in the btec

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=zak9989;67138456]

got c's in everything including maths and english and D*D*D* in the btec

Wow! I got some hope now 😂😂. What other unis did u apply to? A lot of Russell groups don't seem to accept Btec without A level maths So just trying to figure out which ones to apply to

ReputationRep:
    There isnt a specific grade requirement on the Uni of Nottingham page so as long as you have a C it's all cool. also try and make your Personal statement stand out and describe why you are so interested in engineering.

Yeah, I've started on my PS and I should have a lot of great things to mention in their . I'm doing many extra curricular stuff like the EPQ, summer school and work experience in a mech Eng place. Would theSe help me get a offer ?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Azizul98;67138576]

Wow! I got some hope now 😂😂. What other unis did u apply to? A lot of Russell groups don't seem to accept Btec without A level maths So just trying to figure out which ones to apply to
    Apply for Liverpool
    Leeds for like architectural or automotive
    Loughborough (Which isnt a Russell, but a top Uni)
    Man Met for insurance
    and Notts

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've started on my PS and I should have a lot of great things to mention in their . I'm doing many extra curricular stuff like the EPQ, summer school and work experience in a mech Eng place. Would theSe help me get a offer ?
    Yeah, i think they are all great things to put in to a PS. but i think the people reading the PS wants to know what motivates you to do engineering. what made you interested in this subject, why you want to take on this degree for your future career. etc, search some PS on google and just get some ideas from different engineering ones.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Azizul98;67138576]

applied to Nottingham - Unconditional
    Loughborough
    Liverpool
    Leicester
    Kent

rejected the rest because i got unconditional from nottingham

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=fei345;67138656]

Apply for Liverpool
    Leeds for like architectural or automotive
    Loughborough (Which isnt a Russell, but a top Uni)
    Man Met for insurance
    and Notts
    dosnt Loughborough want a level maths?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Azizul98;67138726]

No, i dont think so? for some subjects they do and other they dont. its a bit strange

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Azizul98;67138726]

they did, i got invited to an interview and just told them that i have sufficient maths in my btec and they accepted me (wasn't hard to convince them). but i rejected them because i wanted to go to nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=zak9989;67138718]

applied to Nottingham - Unconditional
    Loughborough
    Liverpool
    Leicester
    Kent

rejected the rest because i got unconditional from nottingham
    When u applied to leicester did U have to do the entry test ?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.