2017 Consulting summer internships/Graduate scheme

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    what places are open atm, I've done Deloitte and passed the tests but looking to apply elsewhere??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WarwickEconJ)
    what places are open atm, I've done Deloitte and passed the tests but looking to apply elsewhere??
    Consulting firms tend to open much later (closer to Jan).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WarwickEconJ)
    KPMG is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cerdic)
    KPMG is
    Do you know when KPMG opened? I don't seem to remember seeing the open applications last week.

Also does anyone know when they close?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foxab77)
    Done my Spring Weeks in Consultancy and Finance, feeling confident about my summer internship application. Good luck guys
    Which consultancy spring weeks did you apply to / attend? I was originally thinking about going into IB but I'm leaning towards Consultancy instead now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    Which consultancy spring weeks did you apply to / attend? I was originally thinking about going into IB but I'm leaning towards Consultancy instead now
    would be one of the big4 (spring into deloitte, pwc or strat& talent academy, kpmg first year insight etc..) or mckinsey discover/horizons...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    would be one of the big4 (spring into deloitte, pwc or strat& talent academy, kpmg first year insight etc..) or mckinsey discover/horizons...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    Ty
    Just apply for both IB and consulting, thats what I did and I got an offer from both an IB and PwC.
    It also allows you to compare the two and see which one you prefer/like more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    Just apply for both IB and consulting, thats what I did and I got an offer from both an IB and PwC.
    This^

Even going down the IB route all the way up to summer analyst would be a good background to apply for grad consulting roles with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of any particularly good books/resources which teach about IBD/m&a/financial advisory?? Different roles, what it actually entails

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Username13)
    Does anyone know of any particularly good books/resources which teach about IBD/m&a/financial advisory?? Different roles, what it actually entails
    vault guide

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    I want to do this but I dunno how hard uni is gonna be so I thought applying to just consulting would be less pressure and allow me more time to focus on uni work. I'll decide when I actually arrive and start lectures etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanboi)
    I assume you mean the online numerical test - it's GCSE Maths but lots of people struggle with the time limits. The main point of the test is to test you on how quickly you can interpret graphs and huge chunk of information and use those information to do simple calculations. Practice a few numerical test and you should be fine!
    A couple have harder tests. I seem to remember at least one firm having combinatorics.

ReputationRep:
    So that KPMG numerical killed me. I've read they use one the hardest test providers, does this still hold?

ReputationRep:
    when do spring week applications open for consultancy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AenigmaFx)
    So that KPMG numerical killed me. I've read they use one the hardest test providers, does this still hold?
    It was insanely hard. I mean, INSANELY.

I think they are aware. I somehow managed to pass, so the pass mark must be very very very low.

I am talking less than 50% possibly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfricanPrinceXI)

I think they are aware. I somehow managed to pass, so the pass mark must be very very very low.

Yh it kinda demotivated me as soon as i hit question 3 loool. Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    Any idea where to get Capp practise tests for Deloitte.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AenigmaFx)
    (Original post by AfricanPrinceXI)

Glad it wasn't just me who thought that! The maths itself was OK, but there was no way I could finish

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, considering applying for a grad role in consulting after a year of big 4 assurance experience. Assessment day useful for these sorts of online tests?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.