maybe he invited you in his office to perv over you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaSSS)
    ...obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    id like to be a mutant
    so go get bitten by a radioactive spider. also kirsten isnt as nice with short hair i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaSSS)
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R'caran)
    Can someone tell me if this is right,, my supervisor at sainsburys (who has it in for me!) said that if i dont get my hair cut i could get fired?!?! this cant be right?
    coming from a once tesco undermanager *my claim to fame :rolleyes: *, it would be very difficult to fire someone for a slight deviance in personal appearance.

however, that very much depends on what sort of contract you are on. many retailers keep staff on 'temporary contracts' for as long as possible, renewing them when necessary. this means that managers can often dismiss staff without even giving a reason (which is quite handy in a lot of cases) - if you're on a permenant contract though, i can't see a sainsbury's personnel manager authorising such a dismissal.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.