Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    and ? thats 4mph leeway. that is more than enough.

have you not seen the advert; just going from 30 to 35 increases your stopping distance a LOT.

imagine 70 to 75!
    who cares?

ReputationRep:
    they're gonna put pics of ppl who have died coz of ppl speeding on the cams now.....but if ppl r speeding then they wont c them. will they? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaSSS)
    who cares?
    you when you kill some poor little kid and youre all like 'oh **** if only i was going 30. dammit i knew kikzen was right'

ReputationRep:
    this is what does it though, the camera will trigger if you are like 4mph over the speed limit!
    It's still 4mph over the limit. It's still breaking the law. It could still mean the difference between life or death when a chuld is hit head on at that speed.

The force of impact at 35mph is over a third of that at 30mph, and that's only a 5mph difference.

ReputationRep:
    you when you kill some poor little kid and youre all like 'oh **** if only i was going 30. dammit i knew kikzen was right'
    youre right

ReputationRep:
    Dazya don't care. He doesn't have emotions.

ReputationRep:
    Driving is very very dangerous, and in my opinion there are too many people on the roads with licenses who shouldn't be allowed to keep them. When u pass your test etc. then you are as good as promising to abide by the rules of the road, and by speeding or driving with a mobile phone or whatever then you are showing clear disregard for the saftey of others and the rules of the road.
    In my opinion, the law is not strict enough on drivers, if you break the rules you clearly are not responsible enough to drive and shouldn't be allowed to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    does anyone else have any points on their license - i drove past a camera yesterday (on an empty road ) and it flashed :eek:
    i wouldn't worry too much about it. most of the cameras don't have any film in anyway, but still trigger a 'flash'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    i wouldn't worry too much about it. most of the cameras don't have any film in anyway, but still trigger a 'flash'.
    really - that is good to hear!

plz note - I DO NOT CONDONE SPEEDING

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    really - that is good to here!

plz note - I DO NOT CONDONE SPEEDING
    plus you said it went off a few times so it was probably broken.

but for next time you should know that apparently they can only record speeds upto 160mph....

ReputationRep:
    only if it walks out infront of me, anyhow i'm too good/skilled to be running kids over

ReputationRep:

but for next time you should know that apparently they can only record speeds upto 160mph....

note to self: drive above 160 mph at all times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    It's still 4mph over the limit. It's still breaking the law. It could still mean the difference between life or death when a chuld is hit head on at that speed.
    it's all very well saying that but most RTAs are caused by 'dangerous driving'.

since the government has cut police traffic controls by a significant amount in the last few years (due to the success of speed cameras), people who 'drive dangerously' (i.e. not necessarily speeding but overtaking on double whites, driving without due care, drunk/drug related driving) are not being caught.

what we need are more police squad cars on the road, not more revenue '4mph over the speed limit is worthy of license withdrawel' speed cameras. unfortunately, the two are not mutually exclusive.

ReputationRep:
    they take multiple pictures to confirm the speed by comparing the distances between the white lines on the road. this prevents any 'the camera was technically flawed' lawsuits appearing in court.

ReputationRep:
    they take multiple pictures to confirm the speed by comparing the distances between the white lines on the road. this prevents any 'the camera was technically flawed' lawsuits appearing in court.
    damn - thats bad to hear

ReputationRep:

what we need are more police squad cars on the road, not more revenue '4mph over the speed limit is worthy of license withdrawel' speed cameras. .
    lol that was worded beautifully and i completely agree.

ReputationRep:
    only if it walks out infront of me, anyhow i'm too good/skilled to be running kids over
    :rolleyes:
    how many times did it take you to pass your test?
    how many years proper experience have you had on the roads?

ReputationRep:

Lol didn't it take you 5 or 6 tries to pass your test? you must be awesome!

And I get 12 points now which is nice if I do fancy some reckless speeding to pass the time

ReputationRep:
    lol that was worded beautifully and i completely agree.
    my time as a politician has yet to come..

ReputationRep:
    ive always wondered if you could just pay someone (with points to spare), to take the blame for the speeding :confused:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.