Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

2016 A-level Remarks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Windies)
    English Literature with Edexcel here.
    The marking by the seems of it has been very questionable.
    Yeh English papers in general always seem to have very odd marking. I was getting A's throughout the year yet I end up with a C in the exam ... Very shocked, especially given I did better in the AS retake which I thought I'd flopped and didn't do much work for :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths is Life)
    Nice one!
    You get dat A* and if you don't you could just resit the module for a laugh
    Thanks for your encouragement haha

ReputationRep:
    Is there anything that can be done to challenge the remark? I really need that 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    Nice one!
    You get dat A* and if you don't you could just resit the module for a laugh
    I'm off to do a maths degree but am considering retaking c3 for a laugh seeing as 88ums will give me an A* in maths ; very tempting 😂

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had unit 5 bio AQA remarked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegoon2013)
    Is there anything that can be done to challenge the remark? I really need that 1 mark
    Erm I doubt it ; ask your exams officer ... I think you can appeal it ??

ReputationRep:
    Who sent a remark to AQA?! and how was it?

ReputationRep:
    Got my remark back for English lit edexcel. It don't go up at all, all I needed was 2 UMS

Stupid regulations
    Regardless of the outcome, I just hope mine comes quickly as that! This uncertainty sucks! Have a feeling Aqa will take their time though

ReputationRep:
    I also sent English Literature, most likely be appealing cos like you said new system means marks won't change at all.

I got 86/120 ums in exam when I was getting 85-90/100 raw in class which is 120/120 ums all year.

ReputationRep:
    Got A*A*B with only 1 UMS off to an A in music and rejected by my firmed uni for maths. Still waiting for the remark outcomes (music comp).

ReputationRep:
    How long can you wait to send a paper to get remarked?? As in do I have to send it immediately?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I'm off to do a maths degree but am considering retaking c3 for a laugh seeing as 88ums will give me an A* in maths ; very tempting 😂
    What did you get in C4? 92UMS?
    C3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mingdu Li)
    Got A*A*B with only 1 UMS off to an A in music and rejected by my firmed uni for maths. Still waiting for the remark outcomes (music comp).
    What was your firmed Uni?
    Hope they give you a place

ReputationRep:
    I sent off biology unit 5 for a remark(AQA). I got A*A*AB and missed my firm choice by 2 ums. I've been waiting for 5 days back and I've heard nothing yet. It's so frustrating as my university place is riding on this!! Has anyone heard back from AQA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ktz98)
    I sent off biology unit 5 for a remark(AQA). I got A*A*AB and missed my firm choice by 2 ums. I've been waiting for 5 days back and I've heard nothing yet. It's so frustrating as my university place is riding on this!! Has anyone heard back from AQA?
    I'm waiting for aqa english still!

ReputationRep:
    What was your firmed Uni?
    Hope they give you a place
    UCL. I achieved 100ums in both C3 and C4, also Distinction in AEA maths, but they refused to take me because of 1mark off to an A in music. Sigh. Good luck to you too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone getting re-mark for edexcel music comp?

ReputationRep:
    I was getting straight A/A*'s all throughout the year for law and when i opened my results im sure you can believe me when i say i was shocked to see an E!!!! im sending both papers back for remark as im praying there was a mistake or just a really harsh marker - it doesnt really bother me that it was an E itself but the fact that i felt decently confident when i came out of the hall and thought i could even scrape an A, maybe a B - never in my wildest dream and E. Im with IAL which is under pearson, edexcel! it's so scary now reading all this as clearly remarking is getting stricter and stricter!

ReputationRep:
    AQA computing
    from B to A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mingdu Li)
    UCL. I achieved 100ums in both C3 and C4, also Distinction in AEA maths, but they refused to take me because of 1mark off to an A in music. Sigh. Good luck to you too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Holy ****
    A D in AEA is bloody amazing - ****UCL you deserve better - who the **** wants to do STEP papers tho?

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.