Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Need help budgeting for uni? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    I have enough savings to balance it out
    Oh that's really good then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    so as an international student im now adapting to pounds from dollars.

do you guys have any tips that could help me in regards to finding the right deals as a student so that i can balance my budget properly?

ReputationRep:
    use this link for discounts:
    Myunidays.com/r/Bw0aGVrgpk8

ReputationRep:
    Hey! You can save at popular shops using this link:
    myunidays.com/r/Cb5L4gtGNL4

Saves you from buying an NUS card as well as most of the discounts are the same
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess170)
    Hey! You can save at popular shops using this link:
    myunidays.com/r/Cb5L4gtGNL4

Saves you from buying an NUS card as well as most of the discounts are the same
    Actually NUS card gives amazing discounts which aren't offered elsewhere, if you eat at restaurants like pizza express even a couple of times you get your money back pretty fast. Loads of other great stuff too like the amazon discount.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circle Pay)
    Actually NUS card gives amazing discounts which aren't offered elsewhere, if you eat at restaurants like pizza express even a couple of times you get your money back pretty fast. Loads of other great stuff too like the amazon discount.
    Yes but the nus as an organisation is disgusting with a hate preacher as there leader and a symbiotic relationship with the Labour Party

ReputationRep:
    Well that's it semester one is over and semester 2 is dawning, money and budgets are something worrying some people. If you are still worried I wrote a little something that might give you some advice on money and how to handle yourself at uni. Check it out:

http://blogs.staffs.ac.uk/student-bl...and-budgeting/

Also feel free to inbox me any questions you may want to ask but not post about I'm always happy to advise

ReputationRep:
    Cool tool. I saw another app the other day called Cloe which was meant to allow you to text with a chatbot that would tell you how you were doing on your budgeting. I couldn't get my bank account linked up to it, but thought the idea was great!!

Has anyone found something similar they would recommend?

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources
How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.