6.89%
    I lie on my right side
    20.39%
    I lie on my left side
    14.15%
    A bit of everything
    43.77%

(Original post by kalclash)
    That makes sense - it seems to be working as no monsters have got you yet!!
    Better keep doing it then

I sleep on my front.

ReputationRep:
    I normally out my pillows like this:
    -
    / \

and then I have an L shaped memory foam pillow I put on top of that, and I lay on my front with my head on the right side, but I always wake up on my back

I have a king sized bed though, so have lots of room to star fish
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Spoon shaped on my right yo.

ReputationRep:
    Right hand side, I start off from the left and then move to the right.

Ibn Hajar said: The right side is singled out for a number of reasons, such as: this lets a person wake up more quickly; it also allows the heart to lean towards the right hand side. Ibn al-Jawzi said: the doctors have stated that this position is more beneficial to the body. They said to start by lying on the right for a while, then turn over to the left, because the former aids peristalsis and sleeping on one’s left side facilitates digestion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Normally I go into a million different positions and then when I find a comfy one I stay there for the whole night.

And one of the perks of being single is the whole bed is to yourself
    weird enough I experience the same thing first comes a lot of moving around and shuffling into millions of positions and the next minute I know I've woken up the next day!!

idk.
    i squirm so much it's hard to tell.
    Start on my left then wake up with no sheets no duvet and a sprawled me all over the place whilst twitching in a weird way

ReputationRep:
    *Facepalm*

Nobody lays anywhere.

They lie on their back/ side/ front.

/GrammarNazi

ReputationRep:
    I move so much at night that I could go to sleep on my left and wake up on my left or I could go to sleep on my back and wake up on my front... I once went to sleep on my left and woke up with my head at the other end of my bed (I had turned 180 degrees horizontally) on my back with my duvet facing the same way it was when i went to sleep (It has to face a certain way and I make sure of it - keep my feet end away from my head for starters...) and looking like i had made the bed over myself. I know I don't sleepwalk so I definitely have no idea how it happened especially since my pillow moved with me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    Just out of curiosity!

Do you sleep on your sides, back or front? Personally, I always sleep on my left side... so I'm facing away from my window and toward the door (not that that means much to you guys!)

How about you? I've heard there is a reason behind how people sleep I think?

On my left as my laptop is on my left on the bed. When I'm sleepy I sleep on my back. But I'm the kind who hardly moves when asleep, some take over the bed and end up taking the bed, I do not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schleigg)
    *Facepalm*

Nobody lays anywhere.

They lie on their back/ side/ front.

/GrammarNazi

Oh whoops... Not like I did A level English language or anything either..

It shall be sorted in the morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    Oh whoops... Not like I did A level English language or anything either..

It shall be sorted in the morning
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    They say sleeping on your right side causes acid reflux, whilst sleeping on your left side prevents it. I sleep on my left side and I still ****ing get it.

ReputationRep:
    I never ever sleep on my back- I always have nightmares when I sleep on my back! I am too scared to sleep on my front because I always feel like I'm gonna suffocate.

So I sleep on my side (usually left, but sometimes right)

ReputationRep:
    whether i lay on my side or on my front, i will always have my head facing away from the door. I think it has come from a childhood fear that someone will look at me by my door as i sleep.. creepy.. i know..

ReputationRep:
    its a surprise every night. but usually in a position that stretches my limbs nicely, or hugging my body pillow at whatever angle
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Left side, supposed to be better for your digestive system . . . :closedeyes::closedeyes::closedeyes:

ReputationRep:
    wow only 6% of us sleep on our back??

Unite back sleepers!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Platopus)
    I always sleep facing the wall. In my bed, that means sleeping on my right hand side. I do it because as a kid, I used to be terrified of monsters being in my room and didn't want to see them if they were there. It was a "if I can't see them, they can't see me" kind of thing.
    Similarly, I never let my arm dangle out from my bed. In case the monster underneath grabs it...

(Original post by jneill)
    Similarly, I never let my arm dangle out from my bed. In case the monster underneath grabs it...
    Me too

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.