Psychology 2017 Applicants

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying a social science access course.
    I've not been predicted my grades yet but hopefully merits and /distinctions./
    I'm thinking about applying to Uni of Liverpool, Liverpool John Moores and De Montfort so far.

ReputationRep:
    Received an offer from Surrey today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollielollipop)
    Received an offer from Surrey today
    Well done! What are your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    Can I answer this? I'm a first year at Sheffield. Feel free to ask questions, I'm bored.

What subjects did you do? Biology, Sociology and History
    What grades did you get at AS? ACC - AAAC at A2
    What were you predicted at the end of year 13? AAB
    Which university did you go to? Sheffield

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I do psychology sociology and English literature for A2 (dropped Spanish). Does anyone know whether Warwick or Southampton would be a better choice for psychology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mcoker1)
    Well done! What are your predicted grades?
    Thanks! Surrey is my first choice so I'm super happy, predicted grades A*A*A, offer is AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaaayxp)
    Hi,
    I do psychology sociology and English literature for A2 (dropped Spanish). Does anyone know whether Warwick or Southampton would be a better choice for psychology?
    well southampton is ranked 17th for psychology according to the complete university guide whereas warwick is ranked 24th, you may be better looking at other unis with same entry requirements which are ranked better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pippawatsonn)
    well southampton is ranked 17th for psychology according to the complete university guide whereas warwick is ranked 24th, you may be better looking at other unis with same entry requirements which are ranked better?
    I am also applying to Bath, KCL, Royal holloway and Goldsmith. I just need a 5th option

ReputationRep:
    I study: Psychology, Biology and German.
    AS grades: Got BB, was pretty disappointed with that.
    Aiming for: AAA at A2.
    Looking at: Lancaster, Nottingham, Durham, York and Lincoln
    GCSEs: 9 As, 2 A*s

Good luck to everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I study psychology, biology and sociology.
    I got AAA in end of year mocks last year
    Haven't officially got my predicted grades but probably A*AA - AAA
    I am not 100% sure where I want to apply but my current favourites are Exeter, Nottingham, Warwick, Kent and East Anglia.

ReputationRep:
    I've recieved 2 offers so far, an unconditional from nottingham trent (my first choice) and de montfort, both for straight psychology

ReputationRep:
    Good luck all!

If you have any questions about UCL psychology, BSc Psychology or getting into clinical psychology after your degree feel to PM me! *

ReputationRep:
    Aloha:

I forgot to copy and paste the questions, and it's too late now to start scrolling:

GCSE Grades: 5 A's 4 B's and 2C's. A in both Englishes and B in Maths
    AS Grade: ABB
    Predicted Grades: AAA -
    Subjects: Psychology, Sociology and Law
    Uni's applying to: Lancaster, Loughborough (someone please tell me how to spell this, before I embarrass myself) , York St Johns and Bath

Anyone else looking at Lancaster or L'boro?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hdawg420)
    I study: Psychology, Biology and German.
    AS grades: Got BB, was pretty disappointed with that.
    Aiming for: AAA at A2.
    Looking at: Lancaster, Nottingham, Durham, York and Lincoln
    GCSEs: 9 As, 2 A*s

Good luck to everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    heyhey! Just saw Lancaster! Have you been to visit yet? & well done you on cracking GCSE's tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK_23)
    heyhey! Just saw Lancaster! Have you been to visit yet? & well done you on cracking GCSE's tho
    Thanks so much! Yes, I did Lancaster in June/July. Very small campus which is about 10-15 mins away from centre I think? I really liked the campus feel but some people think it's a bit secluded. The psychology talk was also good
    I think I'm swapping York for Loughborough now, still juggling around Unis to apply for haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I study the IB diploma, HL bio, chem, math, psych, SL chinese B and english langlit.
    Predicted grades: 777676,
    Looking at Cambridge, Durham, St. Andrews, UCL, and Bath!

ReputationRep:
    What subjects do you do? Mathematics, English Language, Psychology

What grades did you get at AS? AAAB

What are you predicted at the end of year 13? A*A*A

What universities do you go to? Lancaster Study Abroad (offer AAB. UC if I firm it), York integrated masters (offer AAB), Warwick (offer AAB), Nottingham (offer AAB), Leeds integrated masters (no offer yet but probably AAA)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol everyone is here with there amazing results and im here with my D*,C and a D 😅.
    U guys make me feel stupid😑

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cursed Hedgehog)
    Lol everyone is here with there amazing results and im here with my D*,C and a D 😅.
    U guys make me feel stupid😑
    Cursed Hedgehog huh? Sup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    Cursed Hedgehog huh? Sup
    Yh I'm cursed 😑

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.