Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British woman stabbed to death by knifeman ‘chanting Allahu Akbar’ Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but what are you implying about Islam?😒

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    No, I just lack the energy to argue with probably the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen online.

You complain about me not 'backing my argument' when you don't even do this yourself.
    You complain about me recycling arguments, when you have been using the same arguments for months.
    You complain about me changing the topic, when you have literally just done this.

Surely you can see my problem here?

Biggest hypocrite? Oh I really am touched sweetheart! While you're at it, can you buy me a basket of puppies as well?

For months? Do you follow my posts then? How very touching.

I do back my arguments up sweetie. However, I'm still waiting for my evidence of MILLIONS of Muslims being persecuted. You showed me a million in Burma. Where's the rest that put that million into millions?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I'm sick to death of the pointless arguments these threads descend into because people want to push their agendas or make speculation in the first days. It's ridiculous.

Leave it out guys. Someone has died. Let the people employed to do their jobs perform them and when the outcome is determined, you can speculate away. For goodness sake.

ReputationRep:
    Its obviously not the only thing they hope to achieve in the attack. It works as an amplifier, by making it hit the newspapers like wildfire, by making people like you around the world react to think that Islamic terrorism is out of control.

If you're going to kill someone for these reasons, you're going to want people to know it. Yelling such a phrase is the perfect trigger to start it up.
    It is out of bloody control. Do you live under a rock? The number of people who have been killed by Islamic terrorists is off the charts and you have the nerve to say that it's not out of control?

In that case, find me a terrorists from a different religion which have shouted, "Long live Brahmin" or "Jesus is Great" or "Moses is Great"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Biggest hypocrite? Oh I really am touched sweetheart! While you're at it, can you buy me a basket of puppies as well?

For months? Do you follow my posts then? How very touching.

I do back my arguments up sweetie. However, I'm still waiting for my evidence of MILLIONS of Muslims being persecuted. You showed me a million in Burma. Where's the rest that put that million into millions?
    I remember when I brought up Brexit as an example in a discussion with you, and you complained about me changing the subject. But that is exactly what you're doing right now.

Why should I waste any more time with someone like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    It is out of bloody control. Do you live under a rock? The number of people who have been killed by Islamic terrorists is off the charts and you have the nerve to say that it's not out of control?

In that case, find me a terrorists from a different religion which have shouted, "Long live Brahmin" or "Jesus is Great" or "Moses is Great"
    And is the solution to go around persecuting innocent Muslims who have the decency to ditch Islam's barbarism?

ReputationRep:
    I remember when I brought up Brexit as an example in a discussion with you, and you complained about me changing the subject. But that is exactly what you're doing right now.

Why should I waste any more time with someone like that?
    Ohhh you're that sad murder apologist from that thread! Long time no see sweetheart!

Yes I complained you changed the subject because you brought my delightful ex boyfriend into the discussion who had absolutely NOTHING to do with Brexit.

ReputationRep:
    And is the solution to go around persecuting innocent Muslims who have the decency to ditch Islam's barbarism?
    Where did I say persecuting Muslims is the solution?

ReputationRep:
    You do yell "allahu ackbar" if you want to make people like you react with a negative view of Islam, thereby increasing the impact of your attack, and to avoid being shoved aside as a 'lone madman' and rather as a 'terrorist'.
    so, in your view nonMuslim Islamophobes destroy their own future (not to mention other people's lives) just in order to give Islam a bad name ?

do you realise just how ridiculous this claim is ?

On the murder

"Queensland police have said they are currently considering all possible motives for the attack but "initial inquiries indicate that comments which may be construed as being of an extremist nature were made by the alleged offender" http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7206751.html

ReputationRep:
    I honestly wonder what made you so bitter, especially for someone in London.
    Oh I don't know sweetie, the lemons they sell in the Sainsbury's near my house are so tangy it's unbelievable.

I honestly wonder why you obsess over my ex boyfriend especially for some keyboard warrior. Anyway why dont you stick to the argument?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    so, in your view people destroy their own future (not to mention other people's lives) just in order to give Islam a bad name ?

do you realise just how ridiculous this claim is ?
    If you read the entire thread, you'd realise that I think people give Islam a bad name to amplify the impact of their hateful actions - and it is not the sole motive. Just as how I think Islam isn't the sole cause in Islamic terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    If someone stabbed people shouting "Heil Hitler", would you still say that it has nothing to do with Nazism?
    It might, it might not.

ReputationRep:
    Its obviously not the only thing they hope to achieve in the attack. It works as an amplifier, by making it hit the newspapers like wildfire, by making people like you around the world react to think that Islamic terrorism is out of control.
    Who "they"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by admonit)
    Who "they"?
    quite obviously the perpetrators of such attacks

ReputationRep:
    I honestly wonder what made you so bitter, especially for someone in London.
    I honestly wonder why you started this quaint Islamoapologetic crusade of yours

you seem to think that any episode which reflects badly on Islam is either a conspiracy or in any case the fault of the "West", which destabilises, aggresses, exploits etc etc

what made you so bitter against our Western culture ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    I honestly wonder why you started this quaint Islamoapologetic crusade of yours

you seem to think that any episode which reflects badly on Islam is either a conspiracy or in any case the fault of the "West", which destabilises, aggresses, exploits etc etc

what made you so bitter against our Western culture ?
    Is this the part where I bring up the open-to-interpretation meaning of "Islamoapologetic", just like you did yesterday for about 15 posts?

And I'm bitter about our culture of alienating foreigners as the source of our problems, when our own people cause the exact same problems at a much greater rate.

ReputationRep:
    quite obviously the perpetrators of such attacks
    If "they" all hope to achieve in their attacks the same goal, then there should be some sort of organization or ideology. That's why I ask you: who "they"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by admonit)
    If "they" all hope to achieve in their attacks the same goal, then there should be some sort of organization or ideology. That's why I ask you: who "they"?
    please make your point clearer

ReputationRep:
    'Allahu Akbar' is also used by Middle Eastern Christians and Jews, not just Muslims. It literally just means 'God is the Greatest' in Arabic.

People tend to fixate on the violent verses in the Qur'an but how about peaceful ones for a change?

'And verily mankind is a brotherhood, so make peace with your brethren.' Qur'an 49:10
    'Whosoever killed a person, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind.' 5:55

The Islam that my parents have taught me, through reading the Qur'an and understanding it's verses, has not been one of violence. It is a religion of acceptance and peace - as 1.6 billion Muslims prove that everyday (but most will probably ignore this and focus on the minority creating trouble).

And if you want proof of Muslims being persecuted just look at what happened/is happening in Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine.
    It upsets me to see a divide forming between people who would actually agree that non-violence is the better way to live, but unfortunately and ironically, a larger and larger amount of people are in fact beginning to agree with the Islamic radicals themselves that Islam is a violent and war-like religion - when this is not the case most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't Islamic terrorism. Yelling "allahu ackbar" is a device used by these sorts of disturbed individuals specifically to trigger people like you into thinking its an organised terror attack, when in fact its just one person stabbing someone - something anyone can do.
    And yet, just minutes ago on another thread, you insisted that someone say "I hate Muslims" was conlusive proof that they hated Muslims.

So why is someone shouting a phrase that is now universally and inextricably connected to violent Islamist attacks, not conclusive proof that they are carrying out a violent Islamist attack?

Seems like you are being selective in your application or your argument.

If you were not an Islamist extremist, what possible reason could you have for wanting to be seen as an Islamist extremist?

Note: I have no opinion on this incident due to current lack of information. I am merely illustrating your fallacious reasoning.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.