Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cboydxo)
    My mum always says that you can't do anything more than try your best. Your parents have seen how dedicated you've been so will be proud of you no matter what! I know the grade boundaries have increased a bit, but the results are already in the envelope so there's no point in beating yourself up! You've tried your best and that's all you can do - good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure you've done fine
    yeah, you're right. I guess whatever happens now, just happens. Thank you so much! I hope so. If you're getting your results tomorrow then I wish you so much good luck! xo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OwlOfFire)
    Don't worry about it too much, just speak to your parents and explain to them the situation so it helps. I told my parents to lower their expectations after seeing the grade boundaries, I think we are all in the same situation when it comes to the ridiculously high boundaries. Good luck with your results and I hope the hard work pays off!
    I love that there's so many people in the same situation and it's not just me.. it takes a little stress off my shoulder. Thank you so much and I hope so too! Good luck with your results, I hope you get the grades you want, if not, higher! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rdlewiss)
    yeah, you're right. I guess whatever happens now, just happens. Thank you so much! I hope so. If you're getting your results tomorrow then I wish you so much good luck! xo
    No problem & thank you, I am getting results tomorrow and I hope you get what you want xo

ReputationRep:
    I'm *****ing myself too so don't worry 🙈😔😁 I'm sure you've done amazing 😜

ReputationRep:
    I love that there's so many people in the same situation and it's not just me.. it takes a little stress off my shoulder. Thank you so much and I hope so too! Good luck with your results, I hope you get the grades you want, if not, higher! x
    Thank you, I'm so stressed about my results! It's nice to know that other people are just as worried as me. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    I'm *****ing myself too so don't worry 🙈😔😁 I'm sure you've done amazing 😜
    Thank you so much! I'm sure you've done amazing too, good luck! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OwlOfFire)
    Don't worry about it too much, just speak to your parents and explain to them the situation so it helps. I told my parents to lower their expectations after seeing the grade boundaries, I think we are all in the same situation when it comes to the ridiculously high boundaries. Good luck with your results and I hope the hard work pays off!
    I did the same thing

OP, I feel the exactly the same way as you. I know it's hard, but just try and keep your mind off it tonight. You've tried your best and that's all anyone could ask for. I'm sure you've done a lot better than you think and I bet you'll be on here this time tomorrow saying you got a string of A's and A*s

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trabajadora)
    I did the same thing

OP, I feel the exactly the same way as you. I know it's hard, but just try and keep your mind off it tonight. You've tried your best and that's all anyone could ask for. I'm sure you've done a lot better than you think and I bet you'll be on here this time tomorrow saying you got a string of A's and A*s

Good luck!
    Ha! I wish for A's and A*'s. Thank you so much for the advice. I'm sure you've done really amazing, good luck to you too! xo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trabajadora)
    I did the same thing

Good luck!
    Thank you, good luck with your results. I think once I have my results I will not look at this thread, otherwise it will be a 'what could of been' moment

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! I'm sure you've done amazing too, good luck! xx
    Anytime! ☺️ And I hope so! & thank you, I'll need it haha 😂

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine, people say the same thing every year. Grade boundaries ensure you get the grades you deserve most of the time and keep everything fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)
    You'll be fine, people say the same thing every year. Grade boundaries ensure you get the grades you deserve most of the time and keep everything fair
    Hopefully this comes through in my grades tomorrow.. Thank you! x

ReputationRep:
    Well stop thinking this until you actually get your results, a lot of people think they did **** then end up with good grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Well stop thinking this until you actually get your results, a lot of people think they did **** then end up with good grades.
    Did that happen to you?

ReputationRep:
    I worked so so so hard for my GCSES for around 3 months and I used to stay back so late to revise and every weekend id be at my desk from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed. I thought I did OK. But now, looking at the grade boundaries I'm so so heartbroken. I didn't think this year's exams were that simple tbh and were kind of harder than previous years. I was hoping for A's&B's but I just know that's definitely not going to happen anymore. I don't know what to do, I don't want my parents thinking I haven't worked hard enough because I don't get good grades because I've worked as hard as I could yet they won't see that in my grades. I hate these grade boundaries and I just can't understand how all my hard work is literally gone out of the window now. They say hard work pays off but now I know that's not true..
    come back tomorrow and post how well you did

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to all those getting results tomorrow. I know what it feels like! I got mine last year and I got grades that I thought I would never get but I worked my socks off for those. Btw OP, hard work does pay off!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Workangel_24)
    Good luck to all those getting results tomorrow. I know what it feels like! I got mine last year and I got grades that I thought I would never get but I worked my socks off for those. Btw OP, hard work does pay off!!
    Did you have second thoughts after seeing grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Workangel_24)
    It's nice hearing stories of people who have been in the same position.. calms my nerves down a bit. I really hope my hard work pays off & thank you! xx

ReputationRep:
    Everything about this is me too. I'm predicted B's and C's and I was determined to show them that I can do better than that and reach my full potential. I worked so so hard (even though a part of me tells me I could've worked harder, I don't think I could have really..) and yet these grade boundaries are going to pull me back from wanting A's and B's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twhiddy)
    Everything about this is me too. I'm predicted B's and C's and I was determined to show them that I can do better than that and reach my full potential. I worked so so hard (even though a part of me tells me I could've worked harder, I don't think I could have really..) and yet these grade boundaries are going to pull me back from wanting A's and B's.
    This is literally me! I keep thinking I should've worked harder but I know that's impossible. I hate that they get to determine how capable we are but I really hope you get the grades you want. Nothing sucks more than working hard and not having it pay off. The best of luck for tomorrow! xox

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.