Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What annoys you the most about public transport? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhoxc)
    Some people will literally be getting of by like 1 stop so they don't see the point of going upstairs.
    Yeah I do know that. I obviously do that myself. But in the example I just gave, not everyone is on the bus for one stop and then downstairs like I said is just unnecessarily packed.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i take the bus that goes pass my school so consequently other students take it as well. in the morning it's packed and then there's these chavvy kids who thinks it's funny to keep pressing the bell and shouting out words like WILLY haha very funny, i feel sorry for the driver, if i was the driver i would not want to get assigned to that route
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Novascope)
    When people don't go upstairs, causing oncoming passengers to believe upstairs is packed so they stay downstairs, and then eventually downstairs is unnecessarily packed and upstairs is basically a ghost town.

Are people afraid of upstairs or something?
    Ah yes this is pretty annoying. There's like a million seats upstairs and they all gather downstairs, like wtf... Oh and when you try to get past and they don't move... WOW, just go upstairs init fam

ReputationRep:
    Buses:*
    -Loud people. Like that could be wee kids sitting at the back causing a lot of noise and being rude or thinking they are funny at the back of the bus or drunk people, since they're unpredictable
    -people who stand at the front of the bus and don't sit next to someone. It's always difficult getting off and squeezing past them

Trains:
    -When it's really busy and you have to share a block of 4 or 6 seats with other people. It's so uncomfortable and awkward since you don't know where to look
    -When it's busy, you're standing and have nowhere to hold onto. You feel like you have to have the balance of someone skies haha and have that fear you're going to go flying!*

ReputationRep:
    Rude people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    When you're running for the bus and the driver can see but he closes the door and drives off when you're almost there
    OMG how could I forget about this one?! It's even more humiliating when you chap the closed door and he/she drives away. They can be d!cks at points!*

ReputationRep:
    When bus drivers want the EXACT change, otherwise his not moving the bus. *just sits there looking at the change thingy*
    so annoying

ReputationRep:
    When they are late :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even use it if it was free. Frankly dangerous, crime and disease ridden.

ReputationRep:
    People who stink and are stood really close and it's so packed that you can't move away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    :toofunny: I am done omfg man

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.png
Views: 211
Size:  35.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    "Can I sit down, please?"

*blank stare*

"I'm really sorry, but I cannot stand up on trains unless you want me to risk collapsing. I'm only travelling for a couple of stops, but it's not safe for me to stand."

*blank stare*

Having an invisible disability can suck sometimes. The extortionate train fares come a very close second, though.

ReputationRep:
    People that smell of BO
    When there's loads of school kids on the bus - hate school kids
    Guys playing crap grime music out loud
    Obese people sitting next to me with their Michelin tyre rolls resting on my lap
    People staring at me when I get on the bus and pay my fare
    I hate bus inspectors
    When loads of pushchairs get on and you have to move
    Getting on packed buses and having to stand up
    When the bus stops. at. every. single. bus. stop
    When you sit down at the back and there's always damn mcdonalds fries all over the floor
    Fares are too expensive
    Oh and when you wait about half an hour and then 4 buses come together
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The price.

ReputationRep:
    when you're on a train and kids inadvertedly block the train exit doors with bikes and then make a fuss when you ask them to move.

(Original post by NotNotBatman)
    The price.
    this too.
    if a single 1-way costs £x and a 2-way costs about £x+3, then something is ****ed up, because that would mean that the 1 way *should* cost (£x+3)/2, essentially making the real cost *half* the actual price if they're proving they can charger as little as this for a 2-way in proportion :|

ReputationRep:
    when the bus driver leaves the bus stop, even though I hit the windows to get their attention.

conductor or bus drivers accents

I also hate how close the seats are on busses, I cant get my legs inside.

ReputationRep:
    There's always someone who smells like they haven't had a shower in about a week in who sits far too close for comfort. One bloke smelt so bad that the odour lingered for a while after he got off (I actually had to do the sniff test on myself just to make sure it hadn't somehow transferred over to me).

ReputationRep:
    I don't really mind trains, but for me buses are always late, unreliable and full of chavs who play music out loud and think it's ok to take up 2 seats per person -_-

ReputationRep:
    loud people on their phones, i was once on a 40 mins bus journey, with a Lib dem MP/worker and they pretty much said how crap my borough was the whole time, when we all know lib dems are ****. she also talked of the racisim and sexism she faced at some meeting and then went on to back talk about the labour party/Mps and he own party. was a interesting convo, but this women was screaming from start to end, someone even asked her to bequiet, which she didnt.
    when the bus driver doesnt let some kid on the bus, free tarvel for kids under 18 in london and when they lose their oyster card the bus drivers put up a massive fuss when they were going to get on free anyway.
    people who ask you to move in when the bus is packed, when there no space. **** them. packed buses i hate as well, would rather be late than get on one.
    when people touch or barge past you when you're standing up.
    when old people ask for youe seat when their other seats free, or your in a pretty crappy place. I mean i was once at a window seat, going revision for an exam and some old **** wanted my seat on a packed bus, even though im on the window seat, the person next to me, pretty much told me to **** off, so the old person could sit on my seat and she could keep heres.
    theyre late,
    i just dislike it when people ask for my seat for any reason, i mean most my rides are from the first stop of the bus and sometimes to the end, last thing i want is to give up my seat and stand up, i did it for many years and now i dont feel like it, i dont care if your legs are broken, you aint getting my seat for ****.
    when the bus skips you,
    when the tubes stop in the middle of stops and are stuck there for 10 mins, and you can smell the weed from the person next to you, since its a extrememly packed tube.
    retards and crack heads on the bus/tube.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.