Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sick of being a muslim woman Watch

Announcements

(Original post by PursuitOfJannah)
    Follow the path of your ancestors, dont be seduced by the free and easy western society. The white British are proof that the atheist path leads to nothing but civilisational decay (the rising homelessness, divorce, falling levels of education, alcoholism, teen pregs) and is that what you want to become? Just another feckless pastry faced gora **** nothing more than a slave to mainstream consumerism, the football scores, cigarettes and 2 for 1 shots at the club. Or do you want to stay human, practising the Dawah, attaining moral greatness and spreading the message of the Prophet?

Stay close to home and continue the tradition of your bloodline.
    Bigots like you make me despise how Islam promotes divisions amongst people. You genuinely believe that just because you're muslim your special and everyone else is beneath you cause they're kuffar? And lol if 'gora' are your problem then **** back off to your mother land. I swear people like you make my blood boil..you readily reap the benefits of living in a western country and still spout **** like this

ReputationRep:
    I would advise not trying to break away completely until after uni regardless of whether you move away from home or not. I know going to uni might seem like a break for freedom but you're probably gonna need to still be on good terms with your family so that they can support you financially or even if you get all your money in loans you're still going to need somewhere to stay during the holidays etc. Wait until you have a full time job and your own place to live before you try and break away completely, I know it seems hard but very few students are completely independent and being disowned might put you in a very difficult situation. One other option might be to go away and be liberal at uni but keep it a secret and then you'll still have your family ties until you have the independence you need to break away. This requires you being able to come back to the religious community during holidays etc though and there is always the risk of you being found out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Bigots like you make me despise how Islam promotes divisions amongst people. You genuinely believe that just because you're muslim your special and everyone else is beneath you cause they're kuffar? And lol if 'gora' are your problem then **** back off to your mother land. I swear people like you make my blood boil..you readily reap the benefits of living in a western country and still spout **** like this
    Dont get ahead of yourself, i dont think this dude represents all the Muslims out there.

ReputationRep:
    what you have just said is completely in line with what i think.

i think this girl clearly wants to live under british values

democracy.the rule of law.individual liberty.mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for

<<<<those without faith.>>>>>

ReputationRep:
    So i assume you're going to reject the deen altogether then and open your legs to all and sundry, do a BA in art and then go on benefits or something? I think the fact that muslims go far beyond everybody in terms of fasting, personal decorum, hygiene and reject things like easy credit and interest based banking - does indeed elevate them above the common cracker. The Quran is a complete package, nothing else comes close bruv.
    see more and more bullies commenting

ReputationRep:
    You could try and get a job alongside uni and move out, or move into uni next year? It dosnt sound like you can stand 3 more years living as a Muslim so just throwing some ideas down

(Original post by misty289)
    Maybe, if you want, you could look up Quran alone Islam where beliefs are much more peaceful. There is no commandment of wearing a hijab, prohibition of music, not wearing perfume etc. which all come from Hadiths.http://www.quran-islam.org/home_(P1).htmlMay I ask, what part of Islam, do you believe is BS?
    I didn't really want to go into specifics and offend any muslims on here but since you've asked...
    Do you genuinely believe an angel will appear in your grave? Do you actually believe that on the day of judgement you're gonna cross a bridge and the non believers are gonna fall off lol? Apparently the sunnah of the prophet is the way a perfect human being should behave so why did he marry a six year old? Whenever I ask this question most people say that it was what happened during those days but the prophets example is timeless and something we should all follow to do this day so does that make it okay for grown men to marry six year olds now? Countless quotes from the quran advocates violence e.g. Surah Tauba (9:29)Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the zakat with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

(Original post by Zeus007)
    Dont get ahead of yourself, i dont think this dude represents all the Muslims out there.
    I was responding to him specifically cause he was taking the moral high ground just cause he's muslim. I know that the overhelming majority are actually tolerant people who respect others beliefs even if they don't align with their own.

ReputationRep:
    So i assume you're going to reject the deen altogether then and open your legs to all and sundry, do a BA in art and then go on benefits or something? I think the fact that muslims go far beyond everybody in terms of fasting, personal decorum, hygiene and reject things like easy credit and interest based banking - does indeed elevate them above the common cracker. The Quran is a complete package, nothing else comes close bruv.
    dont listen to him you will find friends that support you at uni and dont judge you for enjoying life.

there will always be some people on here who will try and suppress what you want to do but i assure you they are the minority the rest of us will support you

ReputationRep:
    So i assume you're going to reject the deen altogether then and open your legs to all and sundry, do a BA in art and then go on benefits or something?
    Yes because that's what the 5.4 billion non-muslims in the world all do.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to your mum, explain it to her in a way that she'll understand. If not, talk to someone else who actually cares and get their advice. You shouldn't feel forced to do or be someone you don't identify with.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=john1332123;67193254]
    Follow the path of your ancestors, dont be seduced by the free and easy western society. The white British are proof that the atheist path leads to nothing but civilisational decay (the rising homelessness, divorce, falling levels of education, alcoholism, teen pregs) and is that what you want to become? Just another feckless pastry faced gora **** nothing more than a slave to mainstream consumerism, the football scores, cigarettes and 2 for 1 shots at the club. Or do you want to stay human, practising the Dawah, attaining moral greatness and spreading the message of the Prophet?

Quran 9:5 (the infamous verse of the sword inciting mass murder):"Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."Verse 9:5 teaches Muslims to commit mass-murder. The kafirs must either convert to Islam, who would keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate (zakat), or be murdered. Command for unconditional slaying of humans, God's own creations, by other humans – when presented as a sacred teaching of the almighty Creator – becomes a most evil teaching. Needless to say, such teachings never came from God.
    I cant believe what i'm reading, your religion states that if you don't pray/ covert to isam you should be killed "The kafirs must either convert to Islam, who would keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate (zakat), or be murdered" that has made me sick to my stomach that a relgion that is meant to teach love and peace promotes hatred and murder no wonder why there are so many attacks for this reason this is disgusting I am a Christian and not once does it say in my bible that we should kill for those who don't pray/ convert instead it promotes us to pray and keep on loving those people who repent to find the light of god NOT KILL IM DISGUSTED!

ReputationRep:
    I left a religion I grew up in a few years ago, and honestly, it is just best if you tell your mother directly. Obviously I haven't lived your life, I don't know what your particular situation is like, but lying and making excuses only leads to more problems down the line. If Islam doesn't make you happy, and isn't the way you want to lead your life, then that's that. It's your choice, and staying in a faith that makes you unhappy can't produce anything good. I'm not going to lie, it probably will be difficult and uncomfortable talking to your mum about this, and most likely will stay that way for a few months after. But things do change. People get over it. You're her daughter first and foremost, and she obviously wants the best for you, and if that means compromising on religion (by this I mean agreeing to disagree, avoiding the topic in conversation to keep the peace) then so be it! Believe me, no matter how hard it may seem at first, it is possible, and it feels so much better when you're able to live life how you want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misty289)
    Maybe, if you want, you could look up Quran alone Islam where beliefs are much more peaceful. There is no commandment of wearing a hijab, prohibition of music, not wearing perfume etc. which all come from Hadiths.http://www.quran-islam.org/home_(P1).htmlMay I ask, what part of Islam, do you believe is BS?
    This is not the advice she asked for...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you could take a gap year, re take your exams and then re apply for Manchester uni.

(Original post by iso.lde)
    I left a religion I grew up in a few years ago, and honestly, it is just best if you tell your mother directly. Obviously I haven't lived your life, I don't know what your particular situation is like, but lying and making excuses only leads to more problems down the line. If Islam doesn't make you happy, and isn't the way you want to lead your life, then that's that. It's your choice, and staying in a faith that makes you unhappy can't produce anything good. I'm not going to lie, it probably will be difficult and uncomfortable talking to your mum about this, and most likely will stay that way for a few months after. But things do change. People get over it. You're her daughter first and foremost, and she obviously wants the best for you, and if that means compromising on religion (by this I mean agreeing to disagree, avoiding the topic in conversation to keep the peace) then so be it! Believe me, no matter how hard it may seem at first, it is possible, and it feels so much better when you're able to live life how you want to.
    My mum would pass out if she knew I had touched a drop of alcohol. Also if I was to take my scarf off, I'm not strong enough to deal with the community or the muslim friends that I've grown up with. Thats why I was so depressed when I missed my manchester offer cause I felt that it would have provided me with the opportunity to live how I wanted and then come back and play along for my mums sake (cause she cares A LOT about what people think of her)

(Original post by bassbabe)
    Maybe you could take a gap year, re take your exams and then re apply for Manchester uni.
    I've already retaken my AS exams hence the reason why I'm starting uni at 19

ReputationRep:
    I am a 19 year old muslim female. On the surface, I appear to be the ideal muslim e.g. I wear the hijab, my clothes aren't very fitted (although I do wear skinny jeans- all my tops have to go past my bum). But I'm sick of it. After researching Islam, I don't identify with any of it. I genuinely believe religion is bs.

The thing is, I live in an area which is full of judgemental muslims and my mum would die of shame if I was to take my scarf off and start dressing how I want to (my father died when I was young so she wants her daughters to be seen as respectable as opposed to 'loose'). This year, I gained a place at manchester uni and I saw this as my way out, I thought going to uni away from home would allow me to dress and live how I wanted to. However, I missed the grades for manchester and had to settle for a uni closer to home so now I'm going to be living at home for uni.

So my dilemma is :should I just stick it out for 3 years and move away when I have a job or should I work hard at uni and transfer to a different uni for second year (but I fear being lonely cause everyone will know each other from first year)..whenever I stay over with my friends at their unis, I just love the freedom available to me and all I want is to live my life the way I want to live it rather than adhering to the rules of a religion which I do not identify with
    Don't mention it to your mum whilst living with her, you clearly know what the outcome will be...

Just do something when you're financially stable. There are literally two outcomes: 1) she'll disown you. 2) Shell keep it to herself but will make you still dress like a Muslim.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am a 19 year old muslim female. On the surface, I appear to be the ideal muslim e.g. I wear the hijab, my clothes aren't very fitted (although I do wear skinny jeans- all my tops have to go past my bum). But I'm sick of it. After researching Islam, I don't identify with any of it. I genuinely believe religion is bs.

The thing is, I live in an area which is full of judgemental muslims and my mum would die of shame if I was to take my scarf off and start dressing how I want to (my father died when I was young so she wants her daughters to be seen as respectable as opposed to 'loose'. This year, I gained a place at manchester uni and I saw this as my way out, I thought going to uni away from home would allow me to dress and live how I wanted to. However, I missed the grades for manchester and had to settle for a uni closer to home so now I'm going to be living at home for uni.

So my dilemma is :should I just stick it out for 3 years and move away when I have a job or should I work hard at uni and transfer to a different uni for second year (but I fear being lonely cause everyone will know each other from first year)..whenever I stay over with my friends at their unis, I just love the freedom available to me and all I want is to live my life the way I want to live it rather than adhering to the rules of a religion which I do not identify with
    Stick it out, you have made the first and most important step in liberating your mind. Find ex muslim forum and ask for their advice

ReputationRep:
    Yep and that's just some of what it says

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.