Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enigmatically)
    Banana00 you can make it; I for one am here to support you. Good luck, and hopefully I will meet you at the interview stage or even when we are freshers! God be with you.
    Thank you so much for this - it really means a lot to me for someone I don't even know to be so supportive and have such strong belief on my abilities.

Which subjects are you taking next year and what do you want to study at university?
    Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banana00)
    Thank you so much for this - it really means a lot to me for someone I don't even know to be so supportive and have such strong belief on my abilities.

Which subjects are you taking next year and what do you want to study at university?
    Good luck to you too!
    Taking Maths, FM, Chemistry and Physics. Will most likely self study Advanced FM, and I am hoping to go into either Mathematics or Engineering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enigmatically)
    Taking Maths, FM, Chemistry and Physics. Will most likely self study Advanced FM, and I am hoping to go into either Mathematics or Engineering.
    Good luck! I apologise for responding to you so late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banana00)
    Good luck! I apologise for responding to you so late.
    No Problem

ReputationRep:
    those aren't bad GCSE's , think of it this way: now you can do whatever A levels you want because you have every GCSE over or a C , and you have A's and B's for the subjects you want to do and you know that you will be accepted to any college or sixth form because most sixth forms want a B or above in the subject you want to study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MECAccess)
    Hey Banana, please don't worry. Congratulations on your results - my results were certainly not a clean sweep of A*s or As, and I have just finished my first year at Cambridge. I can understand from your post that you feel upset, but you still have every chance of applying! You don't need a set amount of A*s to receive an interview/ place, and the admissions tutors take a lot of time and care to look at each candidate and assess you as an individual - there are plenty of opportunities to show your passion and skill - please remember this as you start sixth form/ college! Cambridge admissions tutors like to see evidence of progression above anything, so keep positive and continue working hard for your next stage of qualifications

Feel free to message me any questions/ worries, and I'll do my best to help or to point you in the direction for resources and more information!

From the Murray Edwards College JCR Access Officer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much for your kind message. I'll admit that I am a little disappointed after receiving some of my results, but I take some solace in the fact that my C was in Science and I hope to study History!

Thank you also for offering to respond to any questions I might have. At the moment, my main question is how to deal with the step up from GCSE to A Level and how to manage revision throughout the year with all the homework and extra things (like EPQ and MUN) that I'll be doing.

Thanks again!

Best wishes for the year ahead.
    Banana

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.