Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would your reaction be if your son came out as a transgender? Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    i would not support it because a teenager is in no state of mind to make a life-changing decision of such caliber. many people who go through sex change regret it and commit suicide. i read somewhere the doctor who founded sex reassignment surgery considered transgenderism to be a psychiatric disorder.
    And yet, they are made to choose the career they want to pursue.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    OK - hold up. You can have opinions guys and it's an important debate to have but please do not insult others for their opinions, that's not fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    If you don't have a son, pretend that you do...
    Very very very upset

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    And yet, they are made to choose the career they want to pursue.
    choosing a career is different to saying i wanna wear a dress and have my p3nis chopped off

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't happen, as that sort of thing only happens when it is fostered by the environment the child is raised in- i.e. always told females are superior, males are stupid/dumb, viewing stuff like that in the media.

I'd just get him eating steak and lifting weights to boost his test levels and grow out of the phase.

ReputationRep:
    Quite worried for him it's not easy going through stuff like that
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    choosing a career is different to saying i wanna wear a dress and have my p3nis chopped off
    Obviously. But, that wasn't my point.

And, oh god, not a dress, not the evil that is a dress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    If you don't have a son, pretend that you do...
    I'd probably ask them wtf they are talking about?

ReputationRep:
    "Cool Story Bruh"

/thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    It wouldn't happen, as that sort of thing only happens when it is fostered by the environment the child is raised in- i.e. always told females are superior, males are stupid/dumb, viewing stuff like that in the media.

I'd just get him eating steak and lifting weights to boost his test levels and grow out of the phase.
    that's interesting. i wonder if there's been a case where a person with high testosterone wanted to become a woman.

ReputationRep:
    Their happiness and wellbeing would always be my number one concern, so if I was convinced that gender reassignment surgery would be for the best then I'd do everything I could to help guide them through it.

many people who go through sex change regret it and commit suicide.
    Maybe because of transphobic bigots like yourself, perhaps?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    nah, they commit suicide because they realize they've committed a massive mistake that they cannot go back on. the sjw degenerates are normalizing things that are morally wrong, soon we'll be debating if pedophilia is acceptable.
    Reported.

ReputationRep:
    nah, they commit suicide because they realize they've committed a massive mistake that they cannot go back on.
    sorry i'll defer to your academic paper on the subject as you're clearly an expert in this area

the sjw degenerates are normalizing things that are morally wrong
    how is it "morally wrong"? i smell religion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Reported.
    oh noes pls no report me
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    oh noes pls no report me
    Okay.

ReputationRep:
    dont care.

ReputationRep:
    nah, they commit suicide because they realize they've committed a massive mistake that they cannot go back on. the sjw degenerates are normalizing things that are morally wrong, soon we'll be debating if pedophilia is acceptable.
    How is being transgender in anyway comparable to paedophilia? It's people like you that cause the suicide rate of trans people to be so high.

ReputationRep:
    I'd cry an never talk to them again

ReputationRep:
    i would not support it because a teenager is in no state of mind to make a life-changing decision of such caliber. many people who go through sex change regret it and commit suicide. i read somewhere the doctor who founded sex reassignment surgery considered transgenderism to be a psychiatric disorder.
    You're thinking of John Money, a sexologist at Johns Hopkins. He was also a paedophile and a rapist in his spare time. Anyway he was the first guy to do a sex change, and he did it on this kid who had his penis destroyed in a car accident as a baby. He had this little 2 year-old live as a girl, pretend to have sex with his twin brother and just generally brainwashed him. The kid stopped identifying as a woman by his teens, but as is often the case with the mentally ill hardship was never far away. His marriage broke down, he was plagued by financial trouble and he killed himself in his 30s.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care. I would love them regardless. It's not my life to dictate and as long as they are fully happy with their decisions I would help and support them through everything. My best friend is transgender and although they have not undergone surgery they prefer male pronouns. It doesn't change our friendship and in no way affects me at all. Something as simple as gender shouldn't change how you feel about somebody.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.