Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epage)
    Computing - got an A so a big improvement on the F I got in the mock!

Also maths, ruled out getting an A after I saw the grade boundaries, but I got one! somehow!!

and R.E - got E's in every other exam but managed an A!!
    I got an A in maths too, I was shocked because it was 140 for an A

ReputationRep:
    I got an A in French and at the beginning of the year I got a D and my teacher wanted to put me in the foundation tier

ReputationRep:
    My B in Physics. I didn't know a single answer to any of the questions in the second exam.

ReputationRep:
    English Literature took me by surprise.

ReputationRep:
    Getting a B in Chinese. Edexcel made a mistake, I'm getting through to them soon, I deserve an A.

ReputationRep:
    Almost all of them, except Biology and photography

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffpuffle)
    Almost all of them, except Biology and photography
    All of them higher than expected?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajive)
    All of them higher than expected?
    Yes! didn't expect to pass 2 certain ones and didn't expect any A grades.

Thought I was reading it wrong when I opened it!

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* in my English language which was never expected as I've always had B's in the mocks! I also had 97/100 UMS in my second RS exam which I didn't revise for

ReputationRep:
    D in maths. I was expecting to pass, ngl. Saying that, the A*s in English Language and Media Studies and A in English Literature is saying something.

ReputationRep:
    B in maths I mean I thought after looking at the grade boundaries I would get a C at best but I shocked myself!!👍👍👍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajive)
    English literature- got an F in the mock exam in March somehow was able to pull of an A...
    Well done. :yep:

=A* for Maths.

ReputationRep:
    A in Spanish and A*s in English lang and RS

ReputationRep:
    Predicted a B in both English language and literature(this was what i was praying for), came out with A in both.

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone! Tbh I was surprised by all of mine- I think the universe was on my side for once lol. I'm most surprised about music though. My teachers spent the whole year telling me I wasn't going to get anything above a D, and yet I got an A! Feels pretty good ngl :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    Different approach here, I'm surprised I only got a C in drama. And as horrible as it is; I blame my teacher. She favourited about 5 students and those students always got the most practice to explore drama and play main roles. Everybody else was cast aside and not given the light of day. I wish she had treated us all as equals and let us come out of our cage more, if we weren't good enough, tough. We wouldn't receive enough help to succeed. I truly believe I deserved a B and I'm so bummed out that I didn't get it.

ReputationRep:
    Further Additional Science.

I've been predicted a B throughout my GCSE years, and achieved an A in core science but still worked at a B standard (apparently). I revised the hell out of Biology Unit 3, less on Chemistry Unit 3 and almost to nothing on Physics Unit 3. Exams went reasonably alright, predicting an A in biology, a B in chemistry and a low B/ C in chemistry. Much to my surprise, the only A* I get is for Further Additional Science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganLouise4)
    Different approach here, I'm surprised I only got a C in drama. And as horrible as it is; I blame my teacher. She favourited about 5 students and those students always got the most practice to explore drama and play main roles. Everybody else was cast aside and not given the light of day. I wish she had treated us all as equals and let us come out of our cage more, if we weren't good enough, tough. We wouldn't receive enough help to succeed. I truly believe I deserved a B and I'm so bummed out that I didn't get it.
    I get you on so many levels.
    I was expecting an A for RE, turns out I got a C.
    My English teacher favourited a lot of students as well, but what's done is done.

ReputationRep:
    English Literature! My time management was completely awful since I didn't even complete the second section. However, I still managed to achieve an A*! Absolutely chuffed, considering I always thought i would have performed the worst in this subject haha

ReputationRep:
    I got a C in my Maths mock but ended up with an A* in the real one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.