Oxford 2017 Reapplicants

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    Freiburg was the only one I applied too.. I sent them the documents on the last day I could apply ) and it was Law that I applied to btw
    Ah cool, I actually got into Law in Freiburg too But I was actually really stupid because I applied for so much but only two choices were Politics & Econ so eventually I only had Heidelberg and Münster to choose from...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    Ah cool, I actually got into Law in Freiburg too But I was actually really stupid because I applied for so much but only two choices were Politics & Econ so eventually I only had Heidelberg and Münster to choose from...
    And I suppose you've chosen Heidelberg, right?

ReputationRep:
    And I suppose you've chosen Heidelberg, right?
    I did But it really wasn't all about prestige, my main reason was that I got into student halls in Heidelberg (which was harder than getting into the uni ) and didn't in Münster..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    I did But it really wasn't all about prestige, my main reason was that I got into student halls in Heidelberg (which was harder than getting into the uni ) and didn't in Münster..
    That's cool.. But I still hope we'll get into Oxford. I'll buy y'all a round of the most expensive drinks if I get in.

And I'm not even kidding. If we're lucky enough to meet there, do remind me of this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    I have a bit of the same issue. They say it doesn't matter but I am not sure if it's true and therefore don't really know if St John's or Univ is a too "high" choice for me..
    I honestly think I will ask at my old school- I am not very sure of anything when it comes to this college business and , to be honest, it doesn't matter that much to me. I think it will if I get in, and obviously I'll get some sort of college spirit etc., but for no, it is the course that I'm interested about and the college is a secondary issue.

ReputationRep:
    That's cool.. But I still hope we'll get into Oxford. I'll buy y'all a round of the most expensive drinks if I get in.

And I'm not even kidding. If we're lucky enough to meet there, do remind me of this
    I hope so too!
    Hahaha, I will do that then - looking forward to it I mean, it's possible, there are lots of reapplicants getting in every year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    I hope so too!
    Hahaha, I will do that then - looking forward to it I mean, it's possible, there are lots of reapplicants getting in every year
    I'm totally daydreaming right now, but it would be absolutely lovely if this time next year we'd be buying plane tickets for England

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diraculous)
    I honestly think I will ask at my old school- I am not very sure of anything when it comes to this college business and , to be honest, it doesn't matter that much to me. I think it will if I get in, and obviously I'll get some sort of college spirit etc., but for no, it is the course that I'm interested about and the college is a secondary issue.
    Yeah, I agree with you.. But after I visited some colleges I quickly found that I liked some more than others and I think it can't be bad to choose a college that you like.. Still, I would probably also sleep under a bridge if they gave me an offer for that ("The Bridge College" - that would be an idea )

ReputationRep:
    I'm totally daydreaming right now, but it would be absolutely lovely if this time next year we'd be buying plane tickets for England
    This would be just incredible.. Though sometimes I don't even dare to think about what would be if I were to get in because I don't want to spend too much time on something that probably won't work..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    This would be just incredible.. Though sometimes I don't even dare to think about what would be if I were to get in because I don't want to spend too much time on something that probably won't work..
    Don't be so hard on yourself! Just do your best and make sure you show the tutors you're passionate and smart enough. and nail the tsa lol))

I'm trying not to get too excited just yet, but I can't help but imagine what it would be like if I got in. And it's really cool that if we get an offer, it's gonna be unconditional

ReputationRep:
    Don't be so hard on yourself! Just do your best and make sure you show the tutors you're passionate and smart enough. and nail the tsa lol))

I'm trying not to get too excited just yet, but I can't help but imagine what it would be like if I got in. And it's really cool that if we get an offer, it's gonna be unconditional
    I will try to do my best! I am not really pessimistic, rather realistic, I mean speaking from the numbers..
    Yeah the TSA is pretty important haha... I got 64 last year while having 70 and above when I practised before
    Unconditional offers are great, that's true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    I will try to do my best! I am not really pessimistic, rather realistic, I mean speaking from the numbers..
    Yeah the TSA is pretty important haha... I got 64 last year while having 70 and above when I practised before
    Unconditional offers are great, that's true.
    Yeah, you do have to be able to solve problems real' fast. If you used to get scores like this, well, you do stand a chance of getting in

ReputationRep:
    1. Applying for E&M this year2. I applied for PPE at Brasenose and was reallocated to Corpus Christi for interview. Philosophy interview went terribly.
    3. Pembroke
    4. Haven't been at school since January due to illness and only took one maths module exam in the summer so I'm retaking year 13 and completing A levels in Maths, Further Maths, Politics and Economics next summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marvellousminty)
    1. Applying for E&M this year2. I applied for PPE at Brasenose and was reallocated to Corpus Christi for interview. Philosophy interview went terribly.
    3. Pembroke
    4. Haven't been at school since January due to illness and only took one maths module exam in the summer so I'm retaking year 13 and completing A levels in Maths, Further Maths, Politics and Economics next summer.
    Hope you'll get in this year What happened at the Phil interview?

ReputationRep:
    Hope you'll get in this year What happened at the Phil interview?
    Thanks me too😌 Just wasn't what I was expecting or in the same kind of format as other interviews I've heard about at Oxford. Threw me off a bit and made me stressed from the beginning so I just didn't perform as well.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks me too😌 Just wasn't what I was expecting or in the same kind of format as other interviews I've heard about at Oxford. Threw me off a bit and made me stressed from the beginning so I just didn't perform as well.
    Meh, that does kinda suck.. I believe that's why we should have no expectations and just go there with an open mind

ReputationRep:
    My philosophy interview went terribly too last year, probably one of the major reasons for the rejection...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    My philosophy interview went terribly too last year, probably one of the major reasons for the rejection...
    May I ask what sort of questions they asked?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1. Course you are applying for
    Jurisprudence!

2. College applied to last year
    Oriel

3. College this year (is there anybody going for the same college again?)
    Univ or Teddy Hall, most likely

4. What do you plan to do this year?
    Off to uni! Gonna be doing Law at the LSE

Cheers, everyone. May we have more luck this time 'round

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunnysideSea)
    May I ask what sort of questions they asked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was given an extract from a book and asked to discuss what the author was trying to convey but it was really strange idk just didn't feel particularly philosophy based to me in terms of other interviews I had heard about (hypothetical situation and response kind of things)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.