Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do Farage and Trump deserve any air time? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Everyone has the right to voice their opinions. I hate both of them, although I can't help but find Farage entertaining at times.

balanced Agreed, Nick Griffin in the perfect example of why people shouldn't be censored.
    yeah everyone has the right to voice their opinions... but it might get too dangerous if extreme opinions get voiced out influencing so many people (especially if these opinions favour a certain part of society, maybe a particular race?)... and it's unfair for particular opinions to get far more coverage than others.... then it becomes full on propaganda.

ReputationRep:
    They do of course. Everyone has the right to free speech. Just because you don't agree with them, doesn't make you right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carthaginian)
    They do of course. Everyone has the right to free speech. Just because you don't agree with them, doesn't make you right.
    no opinion is right..... but some opinions create dangerous national and global concepts and generate hate and exaggerated fear that divide people and put them against each other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by &Hope)
    no opinion is right..... but some opinions create dangerous national and global concepts and generate hate and exaggerated fear that divide people and put them against each other
    And airing them, challenging them, talking about them........ Is the only way to solve them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    of course Trump and people like him have the right to have their voices heard... but don't you think they're getting more media coverage than they deserve?

and I don't think anyone with a logical mindset would want opinions that create divisions, more than there are divisions between people already, to receive over-the-top media coverage

ReputationRep:
    typical whiny leftist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by &Hope)
    of course Trump and people like him have the right to have their voices heard... but don't you think they're getting more media coverage than they deserve?

and I don't think anyone with a logical mindset would want opinions that create divisions, more than there are divisions between people already, to receive over-the-top media coverage
    Ah, it's not Trump who creates the division, it's liberal wussies like you who do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    And airing them, challenging them, talking about them........ Is the only way to solve them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that's not the point... yes they deserve airing.... but they're being aired over the top and the attention they are getting is not healthy

ReputationRep:
    Yes; like it or not thats how democracy works, i might disagree with them but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed a voice. Whether people like it or not, these two men speak for a large number of people, to stop them would only cause greater resentment and fuel the cause further.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, it's not Trump who creates the division, it's liberal wussies like you who do.
    when you have nothing else to say... you start tuning tables and pointing fingers... anyways people like me my friend at least see the world from different perspective...
    and I'm not putting it on Trump... he's just a dangerous clown... it's his ideas that are creating divisions and you would be mentally blind and deaf if you deny that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by &Hope)
    that's not the point... yes they deserve airing.... but they're being aired over the top and the attention they are getting is not healthy
    It is the point and the coverage they get is proportional Clinton or trump will be president 50/50 coverage more or less is what the views deserve same with farage and his views on the eu

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Yeah, more chance of them being publicly laughed at if they get more air time.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone already pointed out the issues with your statement. But they forgot to mention- Trump and Farage are actually interesting to watch since they aren't Politically Correct extremists like a lot of politicians. Watching them roast and break the norms is interesting and fun. Definitely something that sells, definitely something that should always be aired. Money>Everything else.

ReputationRep:
    that's true...fun for everyone to wartch but slightly more fun for anyone that's not harmed by their ideas!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.