The Student Room Group

Girls who won't take the pill

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tiger Rag
I'm on that now.

Oh right, and your experiencing the erratic bleeding?
Reply 21
you wouldn't really have much of a choice mate. either always use condoms or go without sex. which was is the better option?
Reply 22
Original post by Zarek
All drugs have side effects. I am actually surprised that girls are so accommodating about taking the burden of contraception. I guess the fact that they can be left holding the baby plays a role.

I remember reading a post ages ago from one girl who was on the implant and saying she was having a bad time with it (had been on her period for months, depression etc) and ended it with "no matter how bad it makes me feel at least it means I'm unlikely to be pregnant". I'm surprised some girls are willing to put up with these side effects.

To answer the OP I've never been on the pill or any other hormonal contraceptives. I have a copper coil which works fine for me and used condoms before getting it.
I take the pill and I don’t get side effects, maybe she should try it but if she doesn’t want to then, yes you should wear a condom
Original post by Anonymous
If you girlfriend won't take the pill (she doesn't want side effects etc) would you be happy using a condom each time instead? Or maybe if she wore a female condom

Yea, my BF is happy to do it since I’m not too fond of the pill either, mainly due to The fact that one of the side effects Can enhance my migraine problems

Quick Reply

Latest