Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do Physics. It's like learning a new language. A-level Physics is highly regarded among universities and employers as well.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Thank you! Physics I'm not even kidding I've been revising since the first week😂 I found it so hard and I felt so much worse than everyone else so I really worked hard because i was intimidated especially with all the boys in my class/people doing further maths. Chemistry I was also revising all year but chemistry doesn't pull together until the end. Like I got a D in my Christmas mock lol, then worked even harder, did all the past papers 3+ each times, even the ones from like 2005 lol. I spent the most hours on physics definitely and second most hours on chemistry. Both I worked so hard for so there's no way out of that but obviously one will be more enjoyable than the other 😋 if you take M1 unit in your maths then that'll help you so much with mechanics! I struggled with that the most but obviously I didn't do maths 😛 mechanics is a lot of applying and practice, as is electricity. Particle physics is the mostly memory part and most fun imo 😛

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool, loool, guess ill start early too. that shows hard work and determination pays off, so you deserved it. And ohh, everyone in my school got a D in AS chemsitry, except a few, and they said i shouldnt pick it, and yeh ill probably take M1, so im leaning more towards phsyics, i should start my summer task to see if i like it. All about rockets and forces and stuff lol
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Do Physics. It's like learning a new language. A-level Physics is highly regarded among universities and employers as well.
    cool, thanks.. And congrats on your GCSEs, im guessing you done good so not even gna bother asking what u got lool.

(Original post by AdeptDz)
    cool, thanks.. And congrats on your GCSEs, im guessing you done good so not even gna bother asking what u got lool.
    Sounds like you did well too, since you're doing FM for AS.

ReputationRep:
    If it was me would drop Economic, one it's the odd one out and two me like physics and chemistry.
    Do what you like, if still stuck then compare the syllabus, the sixth form your going would have tolf you what examining board it's/it should be on their website and see which one appeals to you more.

Also look at what uni course you might do, if your going uni, and what career you might wanna do, no rushhhhh dw.
    Either way......WELCOME TO YEAR 12!!! it's hard prepare for that, the jump is no joke
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by BunnyMidnight)
    If it was me would drop Economic, one it's the odd one out and two me like physics and chemistry.
    Do what you like, if still stuck then compare the syllabus, the sixth form your going would have tolf you what examining board it's/it should be on their website and see which one appeals to you more.

Also look at what uni course you might do, if your going uni, and what career you might wanna do, no rushhhhh dw.
    Either way......WELCOME TO YEAR 12!!! it's hard prepare for that, the jump is no joke
    Yh but I want to do maths/economics/finance at uni
    Th I'm doing aqa and think I prefer physics

And thanks, I've heard, hopefully I can handle it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Sounds like you did well too, since you're doing FM for AS.
    Hm I done ok
    4A* 6A 1B

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.