Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANNEYAYA)
    Okaay so this was totally unexpected!! I was predicted a B/A for English Language, A in RS and A* for the rest... I was so scared and praying for at least 8 A* cuz I want to be a doctor! Instead, I got 11 A*! I am the first person with these results in at least three years in my school, and these are the best results in my year group! I still want to do Medicine, of course; my A Levels are Chem, Bio, Maths, and History.Could I get into Oxford with these? This is so totally unexpected. I am ecstatic, of course!Will be doing work experience in Russia in a morgue this autumn. I think I would also organise like an expedition across the Himalayas. I am prepared to read and work TONS.Any advice/opinions?
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    GCSEs are incredibly relevant. Predicted grades are secondary (as long as you meet the minimum requirement).
    GCSEs are relevant but not critical. However, since most of AS level was removed they may be a bit more important now. I applied (and succeeded in getting into) Cam Maths this year and suspect the interview, AS level UMS and predicted grades were the most important things - followed by the personal statement and GCSEs. (For you it'll be any additional tests you take before the interview as well.)

For medicine your personal statement will likely be a lot more important (as it lets them know the work experience etc that is extremely important for medicine).

Don't think you'll get into Oxford (especially for medicine) based on your GCSEs, it's put you in a good position but there's so many very difficult things left to do - some of which I feel, and suspect the admissions people do too, are more important than GCSE level.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Lmao GCSEs would never come before A-levels when applying to university. I don't even think Leeds Beckett would do that.
    Except for Medicine. Where GCSEs are often a large deciding factor of whether you get an interview for medicine or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Lol those AS grades aren't mediocore o_0
    They are for medicine lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.