Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Jfc you can still keep them, just don't go on it as much.

ReputationRep:
    I deleted it for GCSEs and it really did help me focus on my work. Social Media is addictive you're better off deleting/changing passwords and giving them to your parents etc whatever works. Do it now, don't waiting for A levels. (I got all mine back for the summer though haha) besides its all very well SAYING you will delete them for A levels, but will you really?

Also my dad's a vet so I get completely put off being a vet haha good luck with it.
    Hope this helps xx
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by stirra)
    Hi everyone,
    New here. I was wondering if I should delete Instagram/snapchat so I can focus on my gcse more. They are quite distracting. I have big aims to be a vetenary surgeon. Any advice? Thanks
    You don't need social media in life - it isn't necessary. You don't need a phone either - but that's a bit drastic.
    (Original post by shohaib712)
    Should I delete TSR account - I'm finding it distracting
    Yes I hate you.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not really:five:

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    they really are though!They waste your time, they have nothing necessary in them, just get 1 like facebook but dont get the app on your phone. Therefore limiting the only use of it to your PC but tbh, cba with PC therefore you wont be tempted to procrastinate as much
    Its TSR that is the issue with procrastination
    Believe me - I know
    I hear you sister!

(Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Yes. They add absolutely nothing to your life
    I agree
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Even if you are a dupe!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    New here. I was wondering if I should delete Instagram/snapchat so I can focus on my gcse more. They are quite distracting. I have big aims to be a vet ary surgeon. Any advice? Thanks
    Yes definitely! Because a few hours on social media will definitely ruin your chances and because exams are only a few days away right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D3LLI5)
    Work until 9 then do whatever the hell you want, time to relax is important so rather than removing your sources of relaxation just manage your time better so that you can work at a high intensity then relax properly.
    Best advice yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiiHyde)
    I deleted it for GCSEs and it really did help me focus on my work. Social Media is addictive you're better off deleting/changing passwords and giving them to your parents etc whatever works. Do it now, don't waiting for A levels. (I got all mine back for the summer though haha) besides its all very well SAYING you will delete them for A levels, but will you really?

Also my dad's a vet so I get completely put off being a vet haha good luck with it.
    Hope this helps xx

If it's gonna stop me from being a vet then I won't think twice about deleting it cos I REALLY want to become a vet.

On a side note, why are you put off, is being a vet not really as portrayed

ReputationRep:
    If I just check it once before I go bed I think that would be fine? Because it's not like I'm wasting study time cos I wouldn't be studying anyway?!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone failed GCSE's without using social media. I thought so, so don't delete it.

You need to spend some time with your friends, not revising every day is the tip.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    New here. I was wondering if I should delete Instagram/snapchat so I can focus on my gcse more. They are quite distracting. I have big aims to be a vetinary surgeon. Any advice? Thanks
    These people are so stupid.
    Firstly, GCSEs mean literally nothing (No, i didnt fail mine. Did amazing actually). Secondly, its during A Level revision/exams periods that you shouldnt be using social media. In other words you're fine for the next 2 years, as long as you work hard.

If Instagram and Snapchat are genuinely somehow preventing you from working, then yes, you should.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BirdIsWord)
    These people are so stupid.
    Firstly, GCSEs mean literally nothing (No, i didnt fail mine. Did amazing actually). Secondly, its during A Level revision/exams periods that you shouldnt be using social media. In other words you're fine for the next 2 years, as long as you work hard.

If Instagram and Snapchat are genuinely somehow preventing you from working, then yes, you should.
    Tbh GCSE's seem to mean a lot cos my older sister did decent and now she's struggle to get into sixth form so for me it's gonna mean a lot

I agree but if you don't do well in GCSE's then you may not have a chance to do A-Levels. Whaat do you mean they're worthless :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you should if it distracts you.
    If not there are apps like stayfocused, that limit the amount of time you can use an website,*
    *https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...lahlfoji?hl=en

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    Yes, you should if it distracts you.
    If not there are apps like stayfocused, that limit the amount of time you can use an website,*
    *https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...lahlfoji?hl=en
    Wow never heard of that, is it possible to usedp that on a tablet cos I skimmed the description and it say for your desktop?

ReputationRep:
    Wow never heard of that, is it possible to usedp that on a tablet cos I skimmed the description and it say for your desktop?
    I've had a quick look for one that you can use on a tablet. *
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntrol&hl=en_GB

Tbh, there are lots of them around, I think I remember one that lets you go and grew a forest. They are very similar so you can pick any really.*

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    New here. I was wondering if I should delete Instagram/snapchat so I can focus on my gcse more. They are quite distracting. I have big aims to be a vetinary surgeon. Any advice? Thanks
    Yh disable them and see how you get on.

I deleted mine and it's so much much better.
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    I've had a quick look for one that you can use on a tablet. *
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntrol&hl=en_GB

Tbh, there are lots of them around, I think I remember one that lets you go and grew a forest. They are very similar so you can pick any really.*
    Will have a look at that

(Original post by Mikaela!)
    Yh disable them and see how you get on.

I deleted mine and it's so much much better.
    xx
    Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    Won't matter because you can't delete TSR, the most distracting of all.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't delete them, I used my social media during my revision and exams to ask for help from friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JourneyToSuccess)
    I've deleted all my social media (except Facebook but I only use that so my mum can message me to come down for dinner :giggle:), however, I got the TSR community, so it's fine.
    This was the saddest thing I've ever read.

ReputationRep:
    You're still a person, if you delete any potential fun or relaxing activity, you'll burn out in days. Just use some self discipline and know when you need to stop and knuckle down

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.