Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone ever received the wrong exam grade? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My results I got on Thursday for GCSE showed that for Edexcel Chinese I got a B. It said I got B in the listening exam, A in the speaking exams, A* in the reading exam and D in the Writing exam.

Now, the writing isn't possible. It said I got 50 UMS (32/60), when in class, I got 49/60 (I had 2 writing exams, each one out of 30..I got 24 on the first one and 25 on the second one - according to my teachers)!

Contacted my school asking wtf happened...needa ask them to change it...Edexcel!!! Also want an apology letter like Lucasium did for OCR.

ReputationRep:
    ^ .. 49/60 for Edexcel Chinese GCSE is A*, so my overall grade would be A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt295312)
    Hey everyone

Yesterday I got my gcse grades and in english literature I was given a B.This is very surprising for me as english has always been my best subject- I was predicted an A* and have never got below 95% in any of the mocks or essays i’ve done. Before the results I had also been given an english scholarship for sixth form and had intended to study it at a good university.

I am incredibly disappointed and very confused. This doesn’t seem right in the context of my past performance or any of my other results (I got my predicted A* in English language for example which is apparently much tougher on my board.) I didn’t notice this exam to be any different to my other ones and i prepared thoroughly for it as English is such an important subject to me. What i’m wondering is if it is worth requesting a remark or if it’s too risky? (I would be devastated with a C) Could there even have been an error adding up my grade?Do i have the wrong result?

I understand a remark could go down as well as up and I normally wouldn’t consider it but this does seem incredibly strange to me and my teachers. Any advice would be much appreciated and i hope everyone got the results they wanted
    (Original post by LDS16)
    I got a B in English Lang and Sociology instead of A*s
    However I got A*s In things like Chemistry and Biology- I'm focusing on the positives, you should try to do so too
    I know this is a couple days old but the exact same thing happened to me too!! was 1 mark off an A* in the english language mock but got a D in the paper at GCSE (got a C in the overall subject). Also sociology I was expecting A*/A but got a B. I do wonder whether this is just down to my bad handwriting but still am disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epage)
    I know this is a couple days old but the exact same thing happened to me too!! was 1 mark off an A* in the english language mock but got a D in the paper at GCSE (got a C in the overall subject). Also sociology I was expecting A*/A but got a B. I do wonder whether this is just down to my bad handwriting but still am disappointed.
    It's disappointing, I agree, but I'm getting used to it and I'm trying to be thankful for my good grades
    Sociology was such a shock since I found the exams easy, and in every mock I had 95% or more of the marks! Oh well, can't have it all I suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    My results I got on Thursday for GCSE showed that for Edexcel Chinese I got a B. It said I got B in the listening exam, A in the speaking exams, A* in the reading exam and D in the Writing exam.

Now, the writing isn't possible. It said I got 50 UMS (32/60), when in class, I got 49/60 (I had 2 writing exams, each one out of 30..I got 24 on the first one and 25 on the second one - according to my teachers)!

Contacted my school asking wtf happened...needa ask them to change it...Edexcel!!! Also want an apology letter like Lucasium did for OCR.
    The writing is marked by the exam board and not by the teacher so whatever your teacher told you was only an estimate, not a mark..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.