The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Willla2
you cant blame my patriotism - clare already seems my arch-nemesis, probably because it is such a good college, I have to defend emmanuel from all competition! :smile:

In reality the two colleges couldn't really care less. Clare doesn't need defending anyway :biggrin:
Helenia
In reality the two colleges couldn't really care less. Clare doesn't need defending anyway :biggrin:

Hey Helenia - I'm going to a Clare Open Day in September, it had better be good! Any particular recommendations as to what I should check out in Clare or Cambridge generally?
Reply 22
hitchhiker_13
Hey Helenia - I'm going to a Clare Open Day in September, it had better be good! Any particular recommendations as to what I should check out in Clare or Cambridge generally?

Look around Mem (the first year acomm on the other side of the river). Take a look around the fellows' garden and down into the buttery/jcr (between A and H staircase basements in Old Court).
If you do have time take a wander up past madglen to the Colony and walk around, you're likely to be living there for two years so it's worth seeing. It won't be on the open day, but it's not gated and will be full of language students so it should be accessible.
I hope you get some good weather, it's been fantastic staying in Old Court in this weather. The view of the river is lovely from my window :smile:.

Alaric.
Alaric
Look around Mem (the first year acomm on the other side of the river). Take a look around the fellows' garden and down into the buttery/jcr (between A and H staircase basements in Old Court).
If you do have time take a wander up past madglen to the Colony and walk around, you're likely to be living there for two years so it's worth seeing. It won't be on the open day, but it's not gated and will be full of language students so it should be accessible.
I hope you get some good weather, it's been fantastic staying in Old Court in this weather. The view of the river is lovely from my window :smile:.

Alaric.

Thanks very much - I will definitely take all that in. Don't think I will be staying in the college though - it's not definite yet but I'm told they probably will not have accommodation. I saw Clare in February, and it was a gorgeous sunny day - it was beautiful I must admit :smile: .
While you're in cambridge go to the hallowed fudge shop and pick up some free samples.

MB
Reply 25
I must be blasphemous....I didn't like the fudge that much :biggrin:
musicboy
While you're in cambridge go to the hallowed fudge shop and pick up some free samples.

MB

Ah, I've been. Got my little loyalty card and everything. Looking forward to picking up my free slice on the next visit.
Reply 27
hitchhiker_13
Ah, I've been. Got my little loyalty card and everything. Looking forward to picking up my free slice on the next visit.

loyalty card? this i did not see!!!! *makes mental note to go back and find said loyalty card, as well as making self sick on chocolate orange flavour fudge*
priya
loyalty card? this i did not see!!!! *makes mental note to go back and find said loyalty card, as well as making self sick on chocolate orange flavour fudge*

It's great - 3 purchases and you get a free slice of your choice! It says on the card they have to be over £5 each but they must go easy on students (of all types, not just Cambridge ones) because I just bought 2 slices and they gave me 2 stamps. Yay!
Reply 29
hitchhiker_13

Trinity :wink: :smile:
Reply 30
Has anybody got any information on Peterhouse college? My friend is going to apply for this one and i thought that i might aswell as i can't see too much difference between the colleges.
Reply 31
Vertigo
Has anybody got any information on Peterhouse college? My friend is going to apply for this one and i thought that i might aswell as i can't see too much difference between the colleges.

It's just Peterhouse - no "College" after it :wink:

It's the smallest and the oldest. Nothing particularly remarkable about it apart from that - not an academic high-flyer or amazing sports college (mostly due to size). I have some friends there who seem happy enough.
Vertigo

Yeah, just think that the adonians society (or whatever they're called) should be mentioned,

MB

Latest

Trending

Trending