Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recall my mail coming under my legal name; not what I entered as my preferred name. This was in the 2013-14 academic year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    I recall my mail coming under my legal name; not what I entered as my preferred name. This was in the 2013-14 academic year.
    ok this is interesting thanks for telling me

ReputationRep:
    Hi Kit I wondered if you came to a solution to your problem. As I have only just accepted the fact that I may be transgender and I'm meant to be going to uni this September. I'm kinda getting myself stressed out as I don't know what to do so was wondering if you sorted your problem out as it could help me too. I hope that you have had good luck at figuring out your problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwi1208)
    Hi Kit I wondered if you came to a solution to your problem. As I have only just accepted the fact that I may be transgender and I'm meant to be going to uni this September. I'm kinda getting myself stressed out as I don't know what to do so was wondering if you sorted your problem out as it could help me too. I hope that you have had good luck at figuring out your problem.
    My current plan is to change my name by deed poll in the time between results day and moving into uni, which is about one month, and hopefully in that time I will be able to change it with the university, student loans company, inland revenue, my bank and my local authorities as I will be double checking but I think these are the ones I won't need to send anything that ill be sent back to me by post. Once I know my address for next year I will change it with DVLA and HM Passport office, doctors and dentists, mobile phone company and my exam boards (They are required by law under the Equality Act 2010 and the Gender Recognition Act 2004 to send ammeded certificates for transgender cases)

Congratulations, and good luck with everything! If you want to ask or talk about anything else please don't hesitate to ask!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with the deed poll. I think I'm going to open up to friends and family. It may help with supporting me as to what I will do. I think maybe keeping it to myself as I have done for years of all the pain. It causes it to build up and hurts you too much. So to be able to accept that and let others know then it may be a relief for myself. I've always hid how I felt about this topic even when my mum caught me. I know you want to hide as do I but maybe the best thing is to tell. I'm sorry this is a bit of a waffle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwi1208)
    Good luck with the deed poll. I think I'm going to open up to friends and family. It may help with supporting me as to what I will do. I think maybe keeping it to myself as I have done for years of all the pain. It causes it to build up and hurts you too much. So to be able to accept that and let others know then it may be a relief for myself. I've always hid how I felt about this topic even when my mum caught me. I know you want to hide as do I but maybe the best thing is to tell. I'm sorry this is a bit of a waffle.
    That's ok! Good luck with everything, I'm really looking forward to being able to be myself too!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.