Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which of these political views apply to you? Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Centre-right.

Fairly left on certain social issues, more-so right on economic issues, and the other bunch of social issues I am not "farily left" about.

ReputationRep:
    Right wing

God bless Thatcher <3

RIP Maggie

ReputationRep:
    I'm torn between Left Wing, and Centre Left

I appreciate the need for right wing politics just as much as left wing idealism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    I appreciate the need for right wing politics just as much as left wing idealism
    Yeah I'm pretty much the same.

For example I wouldn't care too much if the police were shooting heroin dealers on sight, but feel that when dealing with addicts who've stolen to fund their habit it should be treated as a medical rather than a criminal issue.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Hmm, the last time I did this sort of thing I was Centre Left. I'd say I'm very Socially Liberal.

ReputationRep:
    Centre right with sympathy towards Libertarianism. However, I'll also take pragmatism over ideology in most circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    Moderate, right-leaning libertarian. Fiscally conservative but socially liberal overall, with exceptions.

I'm in favour of gay marriage and drug legalisation, for instance, but I'm also in favour of tighter immigration controls.

I want lower taxes and limited government in most areas, but also to increase defence spending.

I believe in equal opertunities, but not in forcing equal outcomes.

ReputationRep:
    - Centre-left
    - Libertarian

more specifically====

ReputationRep:
    Fiscally conservative
    Centrist Libertarian

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.