Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Some days I feel nothing for my boyfriend, other days I like him- some days I don't watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You need to relax. Not everyone will have he same viewpoint as you.
    If you didn't want advice, you shouldn't have posted this thread

How is this fair to either of you :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Is that normal? Some days I feel like he's amazing and super cute other days I see him as basic and I could go days without talking to him.
    Whilst I'm not dismissive of other people's opinions and whilst an opinion on the matter is entirely subjective, you are asking a lot of young people what their definition of a "normal" relationship is. Fact of the matter there is non, and a lot of young relationships tend to pay too much credit to early emotions (butterflies, excitement etc), constant communication and being all loved-up.

Personally, I think it's normal.

Not everyone needs to talk to their partner 24/7, and not everyone is going to see their partner in a positive light 100% of the time. In fact I'd argue it's healthy not to grow too attached to a person, see their flaws (which I'm guessing is what you mean by basic) and generally be able to survive without them. If you lose interest completely that's another matter, but it seems you just have on-and-off days which everyone does to some degree or another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Whilst I'm not dismissive of other people's opinions and whilst an opinion on the matter is entirely subjective, you are asking a lot of young people what their definition of a "normal" relationship is. Fact of the matter there is non, and a lot of young relationships tend to pay too much credit to early emotions (butterflies, excitement etc), constant communication and being all loved-up.

Personally, I think it's normal.

Not everyone needs to talk to their partner 24/7, and not everyone is going to see their partner in a positive light 100% of the time. In fact I'd argue it's healthy not to grow too attached to a person, see their flaws (which I'm guessing is what you mean by basic) and generally be able to survive without them. If you lose interest completely that's another matter, but it seems you just have on-and-off days which everyone does to some degree or another.
    I agree, don't think its a major problem. I know it sounds patronising but when you are young you don't really think about things like if you are missing them all the time. Besides, we all have lives outside the relationship so every once in a while we leave behind things like that and focus on our social aspects a little bit more.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sxualky attracted to him
    You're not sexually attracted to him if you feel nothing for him on other days.

Just end it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.