Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you rather have a successful career or successful marriage? Watch

ReputationRep:
    successful career

ReputationRep:
    Successful career over marriage every time. Money makes me happy i don't really like the idea of marriage.

ReputationRep:
    CAREER. it will give you a successful marriage. A FAILED CAREER USUALLY LEADS TO A FAILED MARRIAGE.

ReputationRep:
    Husband to be has to have a good surname too

ReputationRep:
    Successful career.
    Hard one though

ReputationRep:
    Successful marriage with a billionaire please

ReputationRep:
    Marriage???? Please, it's 2016.

derp

ReputationRep:
    Successful career and then have a successful relationship as we won't need to get married lool. So I'd still have love as well as success

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Successful marriage

ReputationRep:
    Marriage. It doesn't matter how much money you've got, if you've got no one to share it with. ffs

ReputationRep:
    Career, because women need a man who can put food on the table and provide offspring with a high quality life

ReputationRep:
    Marriage. Or at least a strong ,long term relationship as if I was married. Which sadly I never was. What's the point of having all the money in the world if you come home to an empty house? Or if you have no husband/partner/children to leave your money to? I don't have a husband or partner. But I have my 19 year old son. That's good enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    Career 👍🏼

ReputationRep:
    career. A successful career can take you all over the world, and you get to experience a multitude of exciting things. Marriage is an after thought for me.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Kendrik Lamar)
    You mean to say there are successful marriages without the support of a successful career, or at least a reasonable promise of one?
    Ofc there are. Happiness isnt dependent on large amounts of money.
    I know families on modest incomes whi are perfectly happy as well as ones with great wealth which are miserable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    Marriage. Or at least a strong ,long term relationship as if I was married. Which sadly I never was. What's the point of having all the money in the world if you come home to an empty house? Or if you have no husband/partner/children to leave your money to? I don't have a husband or partner. But I have my 19 year old son. That's good enough for me.
    Exactly, I may not have a job, but at least i have a wife to look after me. And together we have our child, we can invest in. Sure i get it that for some men, money is really the most important thing in the world, just it's not for me. That doesn't make me any less of a man, just that i have different priorities. Actually i place my family at the peak of my asset base to be honest with you. Which i think is a trait i share with most others with a family, rich and poor alike. I'd much rather be poor with a family, than rich with a good job, but no one to share it with!??!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    You can leave your money to charity

ReputationRep:
    I would say marriage; I think that (in my case) having a nice and reliable husband would be so calming and reassuring. Also it depends what you mean by successful career as much as I'd like to be a millionaire it's not essential to my happiness. As long as I had a job I liked then it would be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I will go with Successful career.

ReputationRep:
    Successful career

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.