Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

really like my ex's best friend and he likes me back, what should I do? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    but in a few months time, when my ex has moved on would it still be a bad thing to do? like when everything's cleared over
    Yes, it would still be a bad thing to do because they'll still be best friends and you'll still be his ex. Imagine if you were him and this was your ex wanting to go with your best friend. I don't see why you'd wanna be in a relationship where your ex is gonna be involved anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Just do what you want. They will be friends one minute and drift apart the next. You will date him for a while since he is "so different" then probably end it for someone who is even more different. These relationships are all temporary so just live in the moment.

Also, if you're single, then it's whatever. Your ex doesn't have a say in who you date, how long after the relationship you want to date, why you want to date someone else, why you like someone else....it is irrelevant. You don't have to answer to him.

(Original post by Courtneyx1x)
    Yes, it would still be a bad thing to do because they'll still be best friends and you'll still be his ex. Imagine if you were him and this was your ex wanting to go with your best friend. I don't see why you'd wanna be in a relationship where your ex is gonna be involved anyway.
    I was only dating him for a month and I literally wouldn't mind if he dated my best friend, I don't own him but at the same time I think I'm just gonna step back for the time being and if circumstances change I'll reconsider, thanks for the advice

(Original post by stargirl63)
    Just do what you want. They will be friends one minute and drift apart the next. You will date him for a while since he is "so different" then probably end it for someone who is even more different. These relationships are all temporary so just live in the moment.

Also, if you're single, then it's whatever. Your ex doesn't have a say in who you date, how long after the relationship you want to date, why you want to date someone else, why you like someone else....it is irrelevant. You don't have to answer to him.
    Yeh I have though of this but I've spoken to my friends about this and only one agrees with me, everyone has such different morals, it's so confusing :3 thanks for the advice

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.