The Student Room Group

Is it permissible for a Muslim to have non-Muslim friends?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by inspiringtop123
Or should I only be friends with other Muslims?

It depends on what you want from your life and which rules of your religion, culture and people you want to follow or not.

I am an Orthodox Christian from Greece, best friends with a Muslim Palestinian, and both of us have some really good friends who are Catholic Christian from Italy, Muslim from Morocco, Orthodox Christian from Jordan and another one from Lebanon. All of us are from different countries, religions and backgrounds but we have so much fun all together. All of us respect each other's individualities and we all try to learn new things about our friends' religions and cultures.

And honestly, we don't really care about our different religions and traditions. What we care for is living our life happily, have fun all together and helping each other to achieve their dreams.

Before I met all those girls the only Muslims I knew were the Turkish people with whom we have a long history of hate, mostly towards their government and army. So I was always told that Muslims hate other people which was actually wrong. It was my Palestinian Muslim besty who taught me that 'in the end of the day we believe in the same God'.

So drop all those crap about being friends or not with Non-Muslims and enjoy your life, be more open minded and make lots of different friends. In the end of the day we all are just humans who want the same thing, a happy life, people to love and be loved, and to make our dreams come true. :smile:
Im muslim & i have many non-muslim friends tbh:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
strong troll
Original post by SuperHuman98
Preety sure OP asked this as an attempt to create an argument

N, It's true we aren't allowed to integrate with non-muslims...
You may want to judge all muslims now...
Original post by stellazografou

So drop all those crap about being friends or not with Non-Muslims and enjoy your life, be more open minded and make lots of different friends. In the end of the day we all are just humans who want the same thing, a happy life, people to love and be loved, and to make our dreams come true. :smile:
I agree with you, but you should insist about this directly with Allah and his prophet

From the Holy Quran 5.51. O you who believe! Do not take the Jews and Christians for friends; they are but friends of one another; and whoever among you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them.

now, on with the contextualisation, interpretation, translation, whateverisation

best
Course. What's wrong with that? :colone:
It's questions like this which convince people on the right that muslims and Islam aren't compatible with the west.
You should learn to think a bit more, OP.
Original post by Emperor Casear
This is why people have a problem with Muslims, their conservative so called "religion".

Agree
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Course. What's wrong with that? :colone:
ask Allah and his prophet

Holy Quran 5.51. O you who believe! Do not take the Jews and Christians for friends; they are but friends of one another; and whoever among you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them.
Original post by !!mentor!!
It's questions like this which convince people on the right that muslims and Islam aren't compatible with the west.
You should learn to think a bit more, OP.
I think that Allah also should have thought twice before revealing a verse like Quran 5:51
Original post by mariachi
ask Allah and his prophet

Holy Quran 5.51. O you who believe! Do not take the Jews and Christians for friends; they are but friends of one another; and whoever among you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them.

Oh well. I still have non-muslim friends, and their still my friends. :colonhash:
Oh well. I still have non-muslim friends, and their still my friends. :colonhash:

<3
Course it's permissible!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haiiiiii! When I seen this notification, I got proper scared like :afraid:
But Hiiiii! :hi:
My best friend is a non Muslim and she doesn't judge me, so yes you are allowed to have non Muslim friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36

You will burn in hell with all the other sinners. :mob:

I'll be there too; God is so cruel. :sad:
Original post by Josb
You will burn in hell with all the other sinners. :mob:

I'll be there too; God is so cruel. :sad:

I want to preach peace and unity and if I'm gonaa go to hell for that then, bring it on. :colonhash:
Yes of course .. be kind to everyone ..
Remember what Surah Baqarah says.. Even Jews and Christians who believe in God and do good deeds will enter paradise.
So don't consider yourself above others.. as the Hadith says,"you are not better than other except in piety and good deeds.."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by Raizelcadres
If you have muslim friends which are telling you not to be friends with non- muslims than I really recommend you stay away from those type of people (I'm talking about your muslim friends)

something tell me its not his friends who are telling him that...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending