Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Will unis take me seriously with Film Studies?

ReputationRep:
    Okay cheers. Unis I've looked at include Liverpool , queen Mary UEA etc. Are these classed as top unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnatt27)
    Okay cheers. Unis I've looked at include Liverpool , queen Mary UEA etc. Are these classed as top unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They are all part of the Russel Group except UEA.

ReputationRep:
    So does top mean Russell group?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnatt27)
    So does top mean Russell group?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No no no no no

Be very careful to avoid this mindset. The Russell Group is a vessel for 'communicating its members' interests'; in practice, a scheme for haggling the most funding. There is a correlation with RG and prestige, but never limit yourself to them in that way. There are a number of extremely good unis which are not in the Russell Group, consistently ranking higher than the majority of unis which are. UEA happens to be one example of these.

ReputationRep:
    Got into Essex and I did Film Studies.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.