Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    1) Birmingham is a top university. Should give it a go. One of the highest rated Chemical Engineering universities + we smash all the other unis as sports when it come to the chemical engineering sports day :P

2) I worked at a solvent manufacturer during my AS Levels. Work experience not needed though imo.

3) I want to pursue a career in Investment banking as I prefer economic / finance side of engineering atm.

4) No problem. Here to help
    Thx that was very helpful. I am definitely applyin to Birmingham.

Is it a city area, is there alot to do like gd social life?

How were the accomodations? Do you currently live at like rent room or do u get accom for masters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angeltiger59)
    Thx that was very helpful. I am definitely applyin to Birmingham.

Is it a city area, is there alot to do like gd social life?

How were the accomodations? Do you currently live at like rent room or do u get accom for masters?
    Social life is awesome. Best city bar london, prices not bad either. Accomodation is also really good. They just built 3 new freshers accommodation over last year / this year .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    In all honesty engineering maths is essentially about applying rules - you don't understand things like a maths student.

I agree that it's probably not too much more challenging than A-levels though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would agree with you. However, I didn't mean that engineering students necessarily understand where the maths came from and why we use it etc., but they probably have a better sense of how to apply the maths to different engineering situations.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Sorry I meant to say the main design project is in year 3. Normally we have 6/7 exams each year. The concepts are particularly hard but the workload is big.
    Hi, totally irrelevant but I noticed you're doing your masters in chemical engineering and wondered where/how you got your inspiration for choosing your topic.

I'm in my third year so I'm not yet clued up with how it works. But I saw a few masters project ideas and found they were all so complex! I wouldn't even know where to begin with choosing a topic let alone conducting my own experiments! Thanks xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bioluminescence1)
    Hi, totally irrelevant but I noticed you're doing your masters in chemical engineering and wondered where/how you got your inspiration for choosing your topic.

I'm in my third year so I'm not yet clued up with how it works. But I saw a few masters project ideas and found they were all so complex! I wouldn't even know where to begin with choosing a topic let alone conducting my own experiments! Thanks xD
    I'm in the same boat dude. About to start in September and the university hasn't told us anything! :/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bioluminescence1)

If you are on about the 3rd year design project, the topics are given to you. Normally 5/6 different ones. Then you can pick which one from that you want to do. They are all pretty good so don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat dude. About to start in September and the university hasn't told us anything! :/.
    Oh I meant the 4th year masters but thanks anyway ^.^ I'm really surprised you haven't been told anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.