The Student Room Group

8 Cs at GCSE to a target university - AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AGBF
What was you schools pass rate at GCSE?

Also congrats..for getting into a good uni!!.Proof of hard work

I have no clue! but it was above average, in my new school where I took my A levels.

and thank you!
Original post by glebp
AAAA

GJ.
You were nailing it straight away.
Bit miserable of UCL to reject you imo.
Original post by 999tigger
GJ.
You were nailing it straight away.
Bit miserable of UCL to reject you imo.

To be completely honest, I did not want to stay in London! But I do not blame them. I was meant to insure UCL, as it was AAB, and firm Warwick at AAA. I know, it sounds crazy, that is how confident I was.
Original post by glebp
To be completely honest, I did not want to stay in London! But I do not blame them. I was meant to insure UCL, as it was AAB, and firm Warwick at AAA. I know, it sounds crazy, that is how confident I was.

Could have been for other reasons besides just grades.
Original post by 999tigger
Could have been for other reasons besides just grades.

No doubt. The course I was applying for is a cash cow pursuing international students. I know an international student in my econ class (chinese) got an offer for the same course, with grades like ACC or something, so I believe that UCL is profit centric, my opinion of course.
@glebp did ur PS bang?

What extra curricula's did you have?
Well played
GG g-man, you made it 💪

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by citibankrec
@glebp did ur PS bang?

What extra curricula's did you have?

Yes PS was solid

I outsourced web development since 13, and made solid returns, so I think that stood out. I also played Ice hockey for a while, travelled to Finland, Czech Republic, and Russia for training. Last but not least, amateur boxing for the last 3 years. So pretty sporty
Original post by Exceptional
Well played

Original post by Princepieman
GG g-man, you made it 💪

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you guys!
Original post by glebp
Mathematics and English are the only GCSEs you really need. I believe that retaking things like sciences won't add a lot of value to my application. There is an opportunity cost here, which is time. I am currently self studying mathematics at A level, which takes up some time.

So are you self studying A-Level maths for your university course, or are you going to do the exam as you study at uni?
what advice would you give to people who need to gain that self starter motivation
Reply 32
So did you retake gcse maths during A-levels
Original post by AdeptDz
So are you self studying A-Level maths for your university course, or are you going to do the exam as you study at uni?

Self studying, hoping to do a masters in finance. I also believe mathematics should be made compulsory at that level.

Original post by _Hafsa
So did you retake gcse maths during A-levels

Yes.

Original post by gr8wizard10
what advice would you give to people who need to gain that self starter motivation

Each person has something that drives them. I like self improvement, borderline obsessed. In addition, the whole idea of being average scares me, especially after I have been considered an inferior student for a number of years by my teachers and other students in my college.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
proves UCL is better than warwick
Original post by Gman786

Get over it mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gman786

International rep, most likely. However, the quality of the management program, WBS wins. Warwick Business School is considered separate.
You mentioned you boxed at amateur level before, do you still box at university? I’m also attending warwick and have been boxing for 4 years now but I’m wondering whether it will have an adverse effect on my grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending