Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    :facepalm:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Soggy, I think you need to make your jokes a bit more overt for this crowd.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Aye. Time to ****in collectivise
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I was'nt sure if this was a joke bill or not but if not then my thoughts are summed up below..

Most of the people who use food banks are referred their due to sanctions and the like. It's not a matter that people are finding food too expensive but rather that they don't have enough money.

The idea that the state will just steal grain though is absurd. To quote an old Libertarian on here.. Stop molesting business!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Soggy, I think you need to make your jokes a bit more overt for this crowd.
    Regardless of whether this is a joke bill or not, i'm far more alarmed that you've allowed extremists who would support stealing private property into your party. The blob it seems is very real.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Regardless of whether this is a joke bill or not, i'm far more alarmed that you've allowed extremists who would support stealing private property into your party. The blob it seems is very real.
    SC showed us a draft in sub-forum, every Labour member who expresses support knows how unserious it is.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Hopefully this is indeed a joke bill....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    SC showed us a draft in sub-forum, every Labour member who expresses support knows how unserious it is.
    You never know with you lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You never know with you lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
    UKIP's the only party that regularly release bills where the seriousness is in doubt.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    UKIP's the only party that regularly release bills where the seriousness is in doubt.
    True, little doubt this is serious

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    True, little doubt this is serious

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This of course isn't a party bill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    So why will people bother growing grain???
    Take them to gulag if they don't obviously
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Nay. This is very extreme. Just no.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I hugely disagree over the idea to requisite grain and think the whole bill is just too extreme. There's too much interference over dealing grain from farmers and quite frankly I feel this bill is a complete joke. Sorry but it really does sound extreme.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry guys it was a joke bill, I didn't think it warranted putting that fact in the notes as I thought everyone would flat out reject it, obviously I should have done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    Take them to gulag if they don't obviously
    This of course will be put in later in second reading.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by SoggyCabbages)
    Don't worry guys it was a joke bill, I didn't think it warranted putting that fact in the notes as I thought everyone would flat out reject it, obviously I should have done.
    When I saw you were the author I thought it couldn't not be a joke I just decided to treat it as serious so that people didn't think I thought this was fundamentally a bad idea

ReputationRep:
    I definitely don't think this is a good idea. It's pretty much a communist suggestion, and we all know that extreme ideologies destroy societies. Plus I don't see how this would benefit society; by confiscating grain from farmers we're simply dragging them below the poverty line too.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Emily Porter)
    I definitely don't think this is a good idea. It's pretty much a communist suggestion, and we all know that extreme ideologies destroy societies. Plus I don't see how this would benefit society; by confiscating grain from farmers we're simply dragging them below the poverty line too.
    It doesn't necessarily drag them below the poverty line, just pushes them to another product

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Everyone seems to be have missed the bit where it says the farmers would be paid for the grain..

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.