Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tajtsracc)
    Past papers, past papers and more past papers. If you can't do a question try and read up on the topic more and then later attempt the question again. If you still can't do it check the mark scheme as well as the examiners' report (just to see where everyone else usually goes wrong). Then try and find a similar question in another past paper and see if you can give it a go.

I did pretty much this and nothing else and managed to get high a's for every maths exam lol
    lol. Ill definitely do that! thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    unless its c4 and they mug you off with the ums so even 71/75 only gives you 92ums smh
    Wow! Bloody hell..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobwibbles)
    Is S2 much easier than M1 which is why your suggesting that? I may have a go at that.
    But tbh I hated s1 and I found it the easiest.

Is m1 much harder than what we did in AS physics?
    You should be fine if you did AS physics..

(Original post by SeanFM)
    In my view, yes. In some ways, S2 is easier than S1. S1 covers all sorts of weird things but S2 feels more standard.

M1 on the other hand, I've seen people struggle despite being taught. It is more difficult than AS Physics mechanics stuff, yes, though a lot of the topics are very similar.
    Well crap. That is not comforting at all
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Questioness)
    Well crap. That is not comforting at all
    I didn't know you studied Maths :lol:

It's not as difficult as I make it out to be but if you don't care about maths or don't put enough practice into it then there is little point in doing M1. Don't get me wrong though, I think S2 is easier but if you're taught M1 and you actually keep on top of it it shouldn't be too bad.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    I didn't know you studied Maths :lol:

It's not as difficult as I make it out to be but if you don't care about maths or don't put enough practice into it then there is little point in doing M1. Don't get me wrong though, I think S2 is easier but if you're taught M1 and you actually keep on top of it it shouldn't be too bad.
    Well you need to look harder 'cuz I'm certain you've answered some of my maths threads aha

It's cool, I'm not scared. I just have to work super hard I guess.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Questioness)
    Well you need to look harder 'cuz I'm certain you've answered some of my maths threads aha

It's cool, I'm not scared. I just have to work super hard I guess.
    :rofl: :doh: :getmecoat:

Exactly yeah, and whilst you'll probably have seen a fair bit of it in Physics it's kind of easier to learn it in maths because you can practice more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FailedMyMocks)
    Wow! Bloody hell..
    yeh its a joke cause thats what I got for C4 and it looks like you lost 8 marks when in reality I lost 4 ffs

ReputationRep:
    i ended up getting AAA including maths biol chm

ReputationRep:
    OH MY GOD WELL DONE! What are you doing now??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    OH MY GOD WELL DONE! What are you doing now??
    gap yr and applying to do medicine. lol.

ReputationRep:
    congratulations!! How did you revise for maths and bio my as grades are similar to what you had i need to bring them up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mda2)
    congratulations!! How did you revise for maths and bio my as grades are similar to what you had i need to bring them up?
    I became more pro active and aimed to be ahead of school in all subjects, maths lots of papers i recommend. Bio i recommend understanding and not memorising as understanding means easier recall of information.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.