Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you like your name? watch

ReputationRep:
    Its nothing special. Dont really like or hate it. More of a 'whatever'. But probably would want a different name if I could go back in time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    My name is ok. Bit dull.
    I should really shorten it but I cba and now I'm stuck with the long one because if some1 shortens it I legit won't answer to it XD :rofl:

(Original post by iEthan)
    Mine's alright I think.
    ethan is such an awesome name
    I have a toy elephant called Ethan :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it. I'm called Samantha, but I make everyone- lecturers, friends, family, colleagues, whatever- call me Sam. Everyone even says I'm a Sam and not a Samantha, and they say it's weird when they see me write the whole name on something (or hear a doctor call it, for example). Not too keen on my middle name, either. I like my surname as it's a fairly rare and unsual one.

ReputationRep:
    I like my name (Alex), but I don't like the fact that I'm officially called Alexander, as it sounds way too formal and it takes a relatively long time to write on school work, exams and anything remotely official.

ReputationRep:
    I changed mine by deed poll
    I was Jamie but so many people assumed I was female before they meet me so I changed it to James (it also make my business cards sound more professional and formal)
    so hated the old
    love the new

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Hate it.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I ve always loved my forename and middle names I changed my surname 4 years ago and although I like it, I ll be glad to take my fiancés surname next year as going back to an easily spelt surname will make life much easier (and I ll get to have the same name as a pride and predujice and heroes character which I think is cool)

ReputationRep:
    I quite like my name, but it irritates me when people can't pronounce it, even though it's said phonetically.

ReputationRep:
    Damian Lewis, I get told to "go back to Homeland" every now and then, or associated with the anti-christ, but I like my name

Yes I like my name a lot because it has a very cool meaning and also loads of origins around the world :3
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    I like mine, I like how it's unusual, but it's almost always mispronounced by teachers. I dislike my middle name and surname though.

Yes, i do like it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like mine that much

ReputationRep:
    I hate my name, its so ugly.
    I feel so embarrassed when someone asks me my name and I have to say it.
    I feel like it pushes people away.

ReputationRep:
    like my name extremely unique can always get my username on stuff apart from TSR lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    I hate my name, its so ugly.
    I feel so embarrassed when someone asks me my name and I have to say it.
    I feel like it pushes people away.
    whats your name I'm curious ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samaad1)
    whats your name I'm curious ?
    I'll pm but please don't laugh. *facepalm*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    Damian Lewis, I get told to "go back to Homeland" every now and then, or associated with the anti-christ, but I like my name
    That's a bit of a lame insult but admittedly it did make me laugh!

(On a side note, Damian Lewis is an awesome actor )

ReputationRep:
    It's alright tbh, I like it because it's different. But so many people seem to struggle pronouncing "Jordana" though

ReputationRep:
    My name is Rachel and growing up I hated it however in the last few years I have come to like it more

I am also relieved as it was my Mums choice, my Dad wanted to call me Morag (sorry to anyone who is called that but I don't like it!)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.