Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnymummy)
    Congratulations Nikki! I'm in a similar boat in that I'm starting a Psychology degree next week at the ripe old age of 50 😊
    Following the untimely death of my husband nearly 4 years ago then redundancy from a well paid but stressful job 18 months ago I am finally doing what I should have done, but didn't have the motivation to do, when I was 18.
    I have a son who has just graduated in Law, a daughter about to start her 3rd year in Psychology and my youngest is also starting in a week doing Criminology. If anyone had told me 5 years ago that this is where we'd all be I would never have believed it!
    I will be reading your posts with interest and we can hopefully all support one another in this exciting but terrifying time 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Firstly i am really sorry to hear about your husband. Well done on pursuing your dream. Funny how things work out isn't it? When you think you may never do these things and then before you know it you are back studying. I thought my chance of working with children were long gone as i just thought i was too old but making the decision to do the access course (after refusing a place two previous years running) was the best decision and made me realise there really is no age limit to education. I really hope your course goes well for you and wish you every success. Keep me posted on your progress. xx

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Nikki. I'm soooo excited now and feel very strange thinking about an early night and getting my bag ready for induction tomorrow 😃 I'm hoping to get my reading list too then will be worrying like you as to whether I have to read them all and in how long 😉
    Good luck this week and next to all of us newbies!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnymummy)
    Thank you Nikki. I'm soooo excited now and feel very strange thinking about an early night and getting my bag ready for induction tomorrow 😃 I'm hoping to get my reading list too then will be worrying like you as to whether I have to read them all and in how long 😉
    Good luck this week and next to all of us newbies!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohhhh good luck to you for tomorrow. I don't enrol until next week. Ahhh reading lists, I'm just reading the ones I've got until I speak to them next week.
    Massive good luck, you will be fab xx

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everybody! I start next week

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone getting on now we're all presumably enrolled and have started our courses? I'm enjoying mine very much and have made friends with quite a few of the group. Bizarrely the one I'm closest to is the youngest at 19 😉

I'm shattered most nights and my brain is hurting with information overload but I'm loving it.

Looking forward to finding out how everyone else is getting on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations - I hope you make the most of your second chance!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.