Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Age and how much you spend on clothes weekly? Watch

• View Poll Results: How much do you spend on clothes weekly?
    Less than £5
    67.03%
    £6-£15
    17.58%
    £16-£25
    7.28%
    More than £25
    8.11%

ReputationRep:
    18. Before an occasion. Starting school. Sales. I don't usually buy anything for months then buy £200 of stuff then don't shop for clothes for a couple of months. Repeat

Posted from TSR Mobile

I barely ever buy new clothes lol. And when I do, I don't spend much.

ReputationRep:
    29 - I buy clothes when I need them, believe in quality rather than quantity and care little for expensive, poorly made brand named clothes.

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember the last time I bought an item of clothing, I do desperately need some though

ReputationRep:
    20 and 0.

ReputationRep:
    lol who buys clothes every week? I've been wearing the same clothes for years. Only time I buy clothes is the rare occasion I see something awesome like this. Just waiting on the tank top version to arrive :cool: . You need to put an option for £0 on your poll.

Also I'm 21

ReputationRep:
    18 and most of my clothes are between £50 and £110, with the exception of shoes but I don't buy clothes weekly...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Currently attempting to restore my former glory so rarely buy anything (losing significant weight).

Once i've reached my target (about another 100lb) then i'm half tempted to splash out my savings a bit and have a huge shopping trip (hopefully when i bulk the muscle i'll still be able to fit). Fortunately i kept a lot of my old clothes (shirts and tops mainly) too (must admit that i had style when looking through them).

ReputationRep:
    I went for the £5 a week option, but really I only buy new cloths in one go every year. This year I've bought two new t - shirts, a hoodie, new socks, two new pairs of trousers and that's it. I will probably get some new boots some point in the remaining months of the year, but other than that I most likely won't buy anything new in terms of cloths.

I tend to make things last, most of my shirts are 3 years old or more, same goes for my coats. I only really replace t-shirts. I have 2 pairs of shoes that have last 4 years now and only just beginning to get to their limit, hence why I will need to get a new pair of boots.

ReputationRep:
    So a third of the site is actually buying clothes EVERY WEEK. Not even people in full time work do that. Do they also complain about "having no money lol" I wonder.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    So a third of the site is actually buying clothes EVERY WEEK. Not even people in full time work do that. Do they also complain about "having no money lol" I wonder.
    I'd remember that it's probably Primark so not especially something to be proud of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I'd remember that it's probably Primark so not especially something to be proud of.
    Where it's from isn't what I'm astounded at, it's that they're buying new clothes every week, how big is their wardrobe? And spending £6+ every week on that. And because these aren't all going to be people who don't have to look after the money, it's nearly a third of those polled.

(Original post by Mas0n)
    Btw I already have 4 winter jackets but could do with another one not sure where to go tho I really like these puffy women's Zara jackets

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Surely 4 winter jackets is more than enough? I have one winter coat and am trying to convince myself that I do not need another (I don't) as much as I would like one (very much).

It's hard to answer the poll, OP, because some weeks I buy nothing, and others I buy a lot..:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 and i'm broke af.

However I do buy some new clothes and like every two weeks from primark/ JD/ Sports direct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    Surely 4 winter jackets is more than enough? I have one winter coat and am trying to convince myself that I do not need another (I don't) as much as I would like one (very much).

It's hard to answer the poll, OP, because some weeks I buy nothing, and others I buy a lot..:dontknow:
    Uhmm you think
    Tbh I want a different style & colour 3 of them are black one is khaki 🙁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RomeoSantos)
    are you rich? can I borrow some money?
    No and no, get a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaSal)
    No and no, get a job.
    nah I'm alright

ReputationRep:
    I don't usually buy clothes on a weekly basis, so <£5. Although I admittedly I spent £240 today updating my autumn-winter wardrobe as it has not changed in years. Other than needing to pick out a winter coat (as mine is literally falling apart as I've been wearing it for three years) this will probably be my last clothing expense of the year.

ReputationRep:
    21 year old female, £6 - £15 per week.
    I don't go shopping every week, normally go every 3/4 months and spend between £80 - £100.

Probably spend £350 - £400 a year on clothing. Works out at about £7 a week.

ReputationRep:
    Who buys new clothes every week?!?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.