The Student Room Group

Europeans Quietly Preparing for War?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JRKinder
Do you have a more reliable source, preferably an English newspaper or something?

There's no way Putin would attack Europe; although there have been reports that they've produced a tank that's more advanced than the US equivalent, I've read they're very expensive to manufacture and Russia's economy simply couldn't support full-scale warfare with NATO. Not to mention that they'd be immensely outnumbered man-to-man, their only success would be launching a surprise assault on the Baltic states or Ukraine, but the tide would swiftly turn once NATO's forces properly mobilised. So no, there won't be war with Russia. I would like to know what his plans are if he is moving such a large force though.

I'm assuming you mean the T90?
If so, yeah it's there or there abouts with the M1 Abrams, but the Abrams is due an upgrade to the M1A3 so yeah...
Plus American air and naval power is vastly superior to that of the Russians so they have no chance.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JRKinder
We'd still be involved, probably more so than most EU countries tbh.

Original post by JamesN88
We're still committed to NATO.

Tbh, I knew a war going to happen since 2 years ago, US, EU, UK is good at hiding what their doing. I'm preparing anyway since 2 years ago I've been toning myself up just incase something happened,
Reply 22
Original post by cbreef
If so, yeah it's there or there abouts with the M1 Abrams, but the Abrams is due an upgrade to the M1A3 so yeah...
Plus American air and naval power is vastly superior to that of the Russians.

I think he's on about the T-14 Armata they brought out last year
Trump also, at least regarding Putin, I'm not sure what he has said about Assad.

Every hour that passes the British government do something that is against the interests of the British people, both short and long-term, my request is not very hard to fulfil, I just want a government that acts in our interests.
Original post by LoofMan
I think he's on about the T-14 Armata they brought out last year

Oh that thing? Well he's right that they simply couldn't afford it. It's a good tank, everything it has points to it being pretty good. But I can't see any ways in which it is superior to the M1.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheDailyMan
BELGRADE The German government appear to be preparing for a major war in Europe, as Conscription (Draft) Orders are being secretly sent out to doctors telling them to report for duty, yournewswire.com portal reported.

According to the portal, two doctors have disclosed that they received Orders, telling them that they must report to a military center to begin Army service within 8 days of receipt, and warning them not discuss it with anybody.

The orders come less than one week after the government ominously warned citizens to stockpile food and water in the event of an emergency “which threatens our existence“.

One day later, the Czech Republic told its citizens to begin “preparing for the worst.”

Five days later, the government of Finland began quietly telling its citizens, through local government Councils, to begin stockpiling food and water, to prepare for something bad.

Media previously reported that Russia had mobilized Reserve Army Troops for the first time since the 1968 invasion of Czechoslovakia. Portal claims that the total mobilization is actually 80 mobilization brigades: About 10 tank brigades, 30 motor rifle brigades, 20 artillery and 20 other support brigades about 300,000 men.

According to the Pentagon, there has never been a mobilization like this in Russia before. The shear size of it is described by seasoned Pentagon officials as “staggering”.

More in link
http://inserbia.info/today/2016/09/europeans-quietly-preparing-for-war/

I think this is a reaction against NATO rather than for it. With many places in Europe like Florence, the French senate etc. now voting to remove russian sanctions, and refusing to sign TTIP, Europe is showing signs of moving further from USA.
Germany in particular, has been hacked by the NSA, their "ally". The Russians are increasing their military spending and are a major potential threat, but a full war will not happen, both sides know this. Smaller conflicts like Syria and Libya will happen for influence. This has happened since nuclear weaponry was introduced because both sides are too scared to be obliterated themselves.

Germany is the 4th largest economy in the world, yet has low military spending. Tens of thousands of American military personnel are there with equipment, this is nearly embarrassing for many Germans. Germany as the economic and population head of Europe feels it should be powerful enough to lead a European defense against any threat. I think they've finally realised that European policy cannot be determined by the US and cooperating with Russia, China, Turkey, Iran etc. is the only way to prevent and defeat conflicts like in Syria.
Original post by cbreef
Plus American air and naval power is vastly superior to that of the Russians so they have no chance.

Like they had in Vietnam and Korea ? How'd that turn out for them ?
The armata has the widest calibre turret making it very powerful, remote control machina gun turrets and much thicker armour than other tanks.
Also it is 3.7 million dolllars, half the cost of an abrams. Several countries like China and India are interested in purchasing them which could cover a lot of the cost.
On top of this, it is quicker and more manoeuverable than other tanks. The designers claim it can be fully automated soon.

Also what good is a better navy and air force ? The Russians nukes could destroy the US, and their subs would cause problems for the american navy. Also don't forget that a land invasion of Russia is nearly impossible and they are getting more and more friendly with China.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ckfeister
Tbh, I knew a war going to happen since 2 years ago, US, EU, UK is good at hiding what their doing. I'm preparing anyway since 2 years ago I've been toning myself up just incase something happened,

I'm making sure I drink a lot of beer so I've got fat reserves just in case. :biggrin:
Original post by mcneill98
Like they had in Vietnam and Korea ? How'd that turn out for them ?
The armata has the widest calibre turret making it very powerful, remote control machina gun turrets and much thicker armour than other tanks.
Also it is 3.7 million dolllars, half the cost of an abrams. Several countries like China and India are interested in purchasing them which could cover a lot of the cost.
On top of this, it is quicker and more manoeuverable than other tanks. The designers claim it can be fully automated soon.

Also what good is a better navy and air force ? The Russians nukes could destroy the US, and their subs would cause problems for the american navy. Also don't forget that a land invasion of Russia is nearly impossible and they are getting more and more friendly with China.

China would never enter a war they can't justify such as a Russian invasion of Europe. Nuclear weapons will never be used. No one is that stupid. End of the world if they are.
German and French militaries are already working on a bigger gun (130mm) as well as a few new gadgets for their own tanks, plus the Abrams is due an upgrade very soon too. NATO would obliterate Russia.
(edited 7 years ago)
x

What is a tank?

A tank is pointless unless you have air superiority.

One Apache helicopter can destroy dozens of tanks + fast air + man portable AT weapons (javelin, etc)

Tanks aren't in a great spot for conventional warfare, at the moment.
It'll never happen anyway, if it was going to it would have done in '62 or '83.

It makes good fodder for debate and conspiracy theories though. :smile:
Original post by The_Opinion
As I have no allegiance to the establishment of this country, and I feel that the long-term interests of the British people would be looked after better under Russian control*.

* I would prefer a British government that cares about the British people and acts solely in the interests of the British people, but that isn't going to happen any time soon.

And what makes you think Russians in government would be better. Have you not heard how corrupt they are over there?
Original post by Supersaps
What is a tank?

A tank is pointless unless you have air superiority.

One Apache helicopter can destroy dozens of tanks + fast air + man portable AT weapons (javelin, etc)

Tanks aren't in a great spot for conventional warfare, at the moment.

If a Russian attack on Europe took place Russia would have s-300 and s-400 batteries ready to protect the skies. Russia also has attack helos, fighter jets and bombers that would at the least cause problems for NATO.

@ the other guy, If Russia is attacked and invaded yes they would threaten to use nuclear weaponry. They even threatened this over the Suez canal crisis.
x.

Well, it would cause problems. Many casualties, in fact.

But then the Americans arrive with around 6 carrier battlegroups and well...
Original post by Supersaps
Well, it would cause problems. Many casualties, in fact.

But then the Americans arrive with around 6 carrier battlegroups and well...

Which is exactly why this conflict will never happen. And why China built the DF21D and are improving their attack subs.
Nuclear weaponry exists as a deterrent, the Russians, Pakistanis, North Koreans etc. all know they are outplayed but as long as they have nukes nobody will touch them.
Can everyone in the west please stop thinking that countries like Russia and Iran are actually stupid enough too take on NATO, it is an impossible scenario unless NATO attacks first.
Original post by RomeoSantos
And what makes you think Russians in government would be better. Have you not heard how corrupt they are over there?

I don't approve of corruption, but in 50 years time, Russia will pretty much be the same, The UK will be practically gone forever, at least without a huge upheaval.

I would love to one day.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Well, with a substantially older and smaller population

Unless their birth rate ticks upwards

I am talking culturally / demographically.
Original post by cbreef
I mean the T-14 Armata, but even if it is more advanced than the Abrams they're certainly fewer in number. And as you say the Americans have a superior airforce which will limit the scope of the Russian tanks' success, so I think we're pretty safe in saying Russia wouldn't hold up to NATO.
(edited 7 years ago)
Against Russia? the real enemy is from within.

Many European governments are bat **** insane lapdogs of America who's foreign policy is all about regime change that tends to bring devastation to ALL but Israel. You may not like what I have to say but you can't deny that these Arab springs, regime changes and refugee crisis haven't hurt them...

I think we should be mad as hell as our governments and hold them accountable for what they've done at home and overseas.

That is why we have billionaire Zionists like George Soros, who are part of the Jewish supremacist progressive elite finance many groups that crack down on who they call European extremists. These extremists are patriots, who resist Europe's engineered destruction. Yet at the same time this billionaire progressive is the one advocating for a war with Russia.

Who are the real threat to Europe?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending