Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm really glad that you're going. Not to have gone could have led to a lifetime of 'what ifs' and to be in a job that you hate at your age isn't a good prospect for the future.*

Now you've made the decision do try to embrace it. I can appreciate concerns about money, but remember that in the early years you get long holidays and should be able to earn a considerable amount. Think of it as a huge opportunity and adventure.

One 'older and wiser' thing I would add is that very few of us have a job we love all the time. I think you're lucky to have found something that you have some passion for - and that will also have highs and lows. *For most of us the jobs we have are down to a mixture of luck, opportunity and interest. If you like it most of the time you're fortunate. And it does sound as if medicine will give you a much better chance of that than pharmacy.*

Have a ball - and maybe store these posts to look back on in 10 years, when you're working as a doctor and have a family. *

(Edit. Don't know why all these asterisks appear - something to do with my iPad)*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.