The Student Room Group

Are there any universities that will consider old qualifications.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What they are probably getting at is that you have no evidence of recent study.
I Graduated from my first degree in 2001.
I spoke to the course admissions (for current degree) who said I had no evidence of recent study, which I did actually have as I've done 3 level 3 courses distance learning, but he suggested doing an open uni module to show I can still study at a higher level and it's MUCH cheaper than access course etc.
I showed I could study while working and raising 3 children, he said I'd find the first year of Uni easy if I was able to do that 😂.
I was told in 2004 that there's a 5 year cut off for qualifications. You still have them, but you still need recent study evidence. That was Birmingham Uni telling me that.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 21
Original post by SonOfASubmariner
Hi, I'm 23 and considering going to university next year to study History. I completed my A-Levels (AAB) back in 2011 but have been told by the couple of universities that I e-mailed that they would not consider me if I applied as they are too old.

I can't really afford to do an access course as I'm already working three jobs to make up for the three years I'm going to go without making anything, so I wouldn't have the time to do one.

So, yeah, can I get into university with 5 year-old qualifications?

Thats crazy. Ive got an unconditional offer for Radiography based on O levels A levels and a degree taken in the 80s! ps having said that they did want me to redo my Maths GCSE and show proof of study of science subject at A2 level so I had a busy year studying with a full time job and four kids leading up to getting that offer.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest